Thursday, February 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday #19: The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer

Throwback Thursday is a bookish meme hosted every two weeks by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!
--




The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl #6) by Eoin Colfer
Hardcover, 391 pages
Published July 15th 2008 by Hyperion Books for Children


After disappearing for three years, Artemis Fowl has returned to a life different from the one he left. Now he's a big brother, and spends his days teaching his twin siblings the important things in life, such as how to properly summon a waiter at a French restaurant.

But when Artemis Fowl's mother contracts a life-threatening illness, his world is turned upside down. The only hope for a cure lies in the brain fluid of the silky sifaka lemur. Unfortunately, the animal is extinct due to a heartless bargain Artemis himself made as a younger boy. 

Though the odds are stacked against him, Artemis is not willing to give up. With the help of his fairy friends, the young genius travels back in time to save the lemur and bring it back to the present. But to do so, Artemis will have to defeat a maniacal poacher, who has set his sights on new prey: Holly Short. 

The rules of time travel are far from simple, but to save his mother, Artemis will have to break them all.and outsmart his most cunning adversary yet: Artemis Fowl, age ten.



Yes, another Artemis Fowl book. =D
This one is also very different from the others. But also very important. Artemis' time traveling in the last book made him disappear for three years. In the meantime he's become a brother of twins which he tries to learn as much as he can. His mother in the meantime falls ill and the only cure for her illnes, Artemis has destroyed himself when he was 10 years old. Just another day in the life of Artemis Fowl, huh? 
Oh yeah and Opal Koboi is in this one too. Things are getting rough on poor Artemis and his fairy buddy Holly.


Quote from The Time Paradox:
"Who are you?" he asked.
"I am the future queen of this world, at the very least. You may refer to me as Mistress Koboi for the next five minutes. After that you may refer to me as Aaaaarrrrgh, hold your throat, die screaming, and so on."
Hha. Good old evil Opal. :')




Question of this week:

Who are your top five favorite authors?



Eoin Colfer
He's my all-time favorite author and nothing will change that. My favorite book/series of his is Artemis Fowl but I also loved The Wish List and The Reluctant Assassin.

Michelle Diener
I have nothing but kind words about Michelle. I love her because she's super nice and also because she writes historical fiction and I loooove history. She also always asks me if I want to review her books.

Diantha Jones
Diantha is my favorite indie author EVER. She's super nice and writes amazing books. I love her Oracle of Delphi series and actually consider myself a fangirl of her (and Strafford Law ;D). 

Karen Marie Moning
Jericho Barrons. That is all! <3

Lauren DeStefano
She's a really awesome author. I love her books. Her Chemical Garden trilogy was so damn good and I also loved her latest book Perfect Ruin. I don't think she can do anything wrong for me. lol.


I've probably not mentioned a lot of other great authors and trust me, I have many but I had to make a choice and these were it. =D




How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! ♥