Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Book Boyfriend #11


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by The Unread Reader.




Because I finally saw The Hunger Games (Awesome movie by the way!) yesterday, my book boyfriend of this week is:


~ Peeta Mellark ~



Peeta is the 16 year old male tribute from District 12. He's the son of the baker and naturally he has talent for baking but also for decorating the cakes. He also paints. 
He described as being  "medium height with a stocky build" and has "ashy blond hair that falls in waves over his forehead" with blue eyes. 
He's also very loving, kind and self secrificing.



"Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it."




"Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to…to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games."




“We were five. You had a plaid dress and your hair...it was in two braids instead of one. My father pointed you out while we were waiting to line up. He said, 'See that little girl? I wanted to marry her mother, but she ran off with a coal miner.' And I said, 'A coal miner? Why did she want a coal miner if she could've had you?' And he said, 'Because when he sings...even the birds stop to listen.' So that day, in music assembly, the teacher asked who knew the valley song. Your hand shot right up in the air. She put you up on a stool and had you sing it for us. And I swear, ever bird outside the windows fell silent. And right when your song ended, I knew -just like your mother- I was a goner.” 

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Peeta. Probably my favorite character from the series. His sacrifice and love for Katniss is endearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why he is so fantastic!
    I love Peeta and I always will.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still having a hard time accepting Josh as my Peeta but I do have to admit he did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Peeta! Absolutely loved him in the book and in the movie! Great choice of quotes and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't hate me, but I wasn't a fan of the book. I did see the movie and liked though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peeta was sweet! I like Josh as Peeta actually. I think he looks kind of similar to what I pictured.
    I knew -just like your mother- I was a goner.”
    "Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it."
    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Stephanie,
    I'm also Team Peeta, but more in the books than in the movie- there he's just a little short *lol*
    By the way - you were nominated for the 'sunshine blog award'. Take a look and get your award!
    http://martinabookaholic.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/the-sunshine-blog-award/

    Greetings Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - I absolutely LOVE your choice! Those quotes and pictures have me swooning. Peeta is the best! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-5-blue-valentine-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥