Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading.


Today I have a teaser from a book that I received in the mail yesterday and started right away. It's from the very last Drake Chronicles book by Alyxandra Harvey. I'm kind of scared of all the things that could happen in this last book but I hope it'll end in a good way. 


My teaser:
A shaft of sunlight fell on me, making my dress look like fire and my skin glow like pearls. The shadows around me darkened, as if my glowing skin were leeching the light from everything around me. I was a lantern on the longest, darkest moonless night.

-page 16, paperback.



 ~Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles #6) by Alyxandra Harvey
Paperback, 496 pages
Published January 8th 2013 by Walker Childrens
In the thrilling conclusion of the Drake Chronicles, love and loyalties will be tested... and proven once and for all.

Solange Drake has been officially crowned Queen of the Vampires, fulfilling the centuries old prophecy that foretold the rise to power of a daughter born to an ancient vampire line. Except Solange's thoughts and actions are no longer her own—she's been slowly being possessed by the spirit of Viola, the first daughter born into the Drake line, since her bloodchange. And instead of uniting the vampire tribes under the rule of an ancient daughter as the prophecy predicted, Viola would rather destroy them all and enslave humans in a personal vendetta for the devastation both wrought to her life centuries ago. Can Solange break her hold in time to save everyone she loves from a vampire civil war, hunter attack, and each other? Not everyone will survive the prophecy . . . perhaps not even her.




Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



16 comments:

  1. I have this one on my Kindle but still need to read Bleeding Hearts and Blood Moon. I want to catch up but need to find some extra time for reading. My teasers this week are from Not Quite Dating by Catherine Bybee and The Last Station Master by S.A.M. Posey. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series yet. I'll have to push it up on my reading list:)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the beautiful description in your teaser. Sounds like a good book.
    My Teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF A PREDATORY LENDER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything in this series...great teaser, though. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The writing is vivid! Nice teaser. Thanks for stopping by my teaser.
    Jess @ FueledbyFiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 books in this series? Wow, it must have a good following. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, great teaser! I've not heard of this series before, it looks good. :) Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday post. ^.^
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the descriptive text in your TT! And thanks for visiting Read@UTS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty Teaser. I havent heard of these books yet but might check it out?
    www.themakeupmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost felt I was dressed up reading that comment.
    Thanks for dropping by and visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo, now this is good. It's a new one to me too. Thank you for stopping by and for the teaser here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser. I have the first 3 books in this series, but haven't had a chance to start them yet. It sounds like a great series. Thanks for sharing and happy reading.

    Katie ~ My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. great teaser... very descriptive writing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! I think I'd like this series! Thanks for stopping by Alli's World at mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like the character is quite striking! Love your teaser.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥