Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




~Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
Hardcover, 464 pages
Expected publication: February 5th 2013 by Feiwel and Friends
Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner. 


I am only now reading the first book "Cinder", but I can just hit myself for not starting it sooner. It's amazing! I'm almost finished and I'm definitely highly anticipating Scarlet. Can't wait!  



9 comments:

  1. I LOVED Cinder! I can hardly wait to get my hands on Scarlett!

    http://thparanormalpalace.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/waiting-on-wednesday-marie-lu-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Cinder yet, even though it's sitting on my shelf, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to feel the same way then about it that you are now! I'm glad you're enjoying. Great pick :-)
    Here's my WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *need* to read Cinder, apparently. It keeps getting thrown at me from all directions about how good it is. :)

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I can bet a lot of people are waiting on this one. I've yet to read the first, it's still sat on my shelf :(.
    My WoW for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was how it was far me. Just sitting on my shelf, but then I read it and oh my gaaawd! :D

      Delete
  5. Seriously cannot wait for this! I loved Cinder and am so pumped to see what Meyer does next. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥