Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: Nearly Broken by Devon Ashley

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading.




My Teasers:
And I hated to admit it, but his smile warmed my heart a little, despite the hardened shell I kept around it for protection.

—7%, Kindle
I no longer liked the night. The darkness was where he lied in wait, waiting for it to swallow me whole each night, suffocating my senses with fear.

—9%, Kindle




Nearly Broken (Nearly #1) by Devon Ashley
367 pages
Published June 4th 2013
We’d both gone missing at one point, but Claire had one thing I didn’t. Someone to notice. So why was I the one still here and she the one still gone?

Nineteen year old Megan Smith has spent the past year working in a small town diner in the middle of nowhere. Life is quiet, simple, safe. Then comes the news that her look-a-like has gone missing.

Claire.

Still damaged both physically and mentally, Megan's not looking to be noticed. Wherever she goes from here, it's a road she needs to take alone. But when Nickolas Ellis takes the job as the new nightshift cook, it scares her how easily her defenses crumble down, down, down for him. But there are secrets she can't bear to share with just anyone, unspeakable acts that continue to haunt, and when the similarities of Claire’s abduction couples with the fear of an unwanted visitor in town, the urge to run before it all happens again intensifies, threatening the only happiness Megan's ever found.

New Adult Romantic Suspense / Dark Realistic Fiction
Recommended for 17+ for mature and disturbing situations, language and sexual content.




I only just started this book but what I've read so far was really good. So intriguing. I want to find out what's going on. Can't wait to read more! :D




What do you think of the teaser?
Leave me links to yours!



Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! ♥