Friday, November 1, 2013

Random Reads ~ November 2013

Random Reads is a monthly meme hosted by Sarah from I'm Loving BooksThe point of this meme is to read the books that have been on our shelf for a while and read the one that gets picked within the month.
For more info go here.

I'm doing things a little bit differently from now on. I have a lot of physical books on my shelf that need to be read and since I read so many e-books lately I will only use books from that shelf that random.org will pick from. That way they will actually get read. :)


It's been so long since I participated in this meme but I'm ready to throw myself in Random Reads again. *squeee* :D




This month's Random Read is:


Title: The Supernaturalist
Author: Eoin Colfer
Published: April 20th 2005 by Miramax
On to-read list since: May 12, 2012
In the future, in a place called Satelite City, fourteen-year-old Cosmo Hill enters the world, unwanted by his parents. He's sent to the Clarissa Frayne Institute for Parentally Challenged Boys, Freight class. At Clarissa Frayne, the boys are put to work by the state, testing highly dangerous products. At the end of most days, they are covered with burns, bruises, and sores. Cosmo realizes that if he doesn't escape, he will die at this so-called orphanage. When the moment finally comes, Cosmo seizes his chance and breaks out with the help of the Supernaturalists, a motley crew of kids who all have the same special ability as Cosmo-they can see supernatural Parasites, creatures that feed on the life force of humans. The Supernaturalists patrol the city at night, hunting the Parasites in hopes of saving what's left of humanity in Satellite City. Or so they think. The Supernaturalist soon find themselves caught in a web far more complicated than they'd imagined, when they discover a horrifying secret that will force them to question everything they believe in. Eoin Colfer has created an eerie and captivating world-part Blade Runner, part futuristic Dickens-replete with non-stop action.




I'm really happy The Supernaturalist got picked as November's Random Read. I'm such a huge fan of Eoin Colfer but haven't been able to read this one, yet, so yay! I'm very curious to see if I'll love it as much as his other books.




What do you think about my Random Read
Or do you have one this month?



4 comments:

  1. Oh Eoin Colfer, he writes such fun novels. I hope you enjoy The Supernaturalist, I haven't quite got around to reading this one either :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good book - I'd never heard of it before!

    I did the same as you this month and limited my Random Reads choices to mostly physical books that I have on my shelf and then some ebooks that I have actually been looking forward to and wanting to read for awhile, but haven't gotten around to yet. Guess great minds think alike! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the cover and this meme! Hope this book is good to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's definitely getting added to my TBR. It sounds amazing :) I should probably limit my Random Reads to certain shelves. My to-read shelf has almost 3000 books on it :/

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥