Saturday, November 30, 2013

Best of the Bunch ~ November 2013

Best of the Bunch is a monthly meme hosted by Always Lost in Stories on the last day of every month. The aim of this meme is to share the best book that we have read in that month and give it our Best of the Bunch award.




November Reads:


Lycan Unleashed by Tiffany Allee ~ 2 Stars ~ My Review
Haunted Halloween by Breena Wilde ~ 4 Stars
Begin With Goodbye Vol 1 by Lilly Wright ~ 4 Stars 


Ghost Writer by Nick Wissemen ~ 2 Stars
Time Trick by Nick Wissemen ~ 1 Star


Begin With Goodbye Vol 2 by Lilly Wright ~ 4 Stars
Pastels & Jingle Bells by Christine S. Feldman ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Nearly Broken by Devon Ashley ~ 3 Stars ~ My Review


Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout ~ 4 Stars ~ My Review
Wants of an Incubus by Ashley Hill ~ 3 Stars ~ My Review


Hope(less) by Melissa Haag ~ 1 Star ~ My Review
The Protestant Reformation by Robert Freeman ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead ~ 5 Stars ~ Review to come!



Terra by Gretchen Powell ~ 5 Stars ~ Review to come!







And the Best of the Bunch winner of November 2013 is...



The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead
Paperback, 420 pages
Published November 19th 2013 by Penguin
WHEN PULSES QUICKEN NO SECRET IS SAFE.

Sydney always believed that alchemists were born to protect vampire secrets and human lives - until she met Marcus and turned her back on everything she once knew.

But she's not free yet. When her sister Zoe arrives, Sydney can only tell her half-truths about her past. And with every word she risks exposure - and the fatal consequences.

Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney must choose her path once and for all. Even if that means harnessing her magical powers to destroy the way of life she was raised to defend...




No surpise that The Fiery Heart was my favorite book of the month. It was amazing but kinda heartbreaking too. 
My review will soon be up on the blog. :)


Honorable mentions go to:

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
If I hadn't read The Fiery Heart already I probably would've picked Origin as the best of the bunch winner. It was fantastic!

Terra by Gretchen Powell
This book came as a huge surprise. Such a great story!




What was the best book you read this month?
Leave me links to your Best of the Bunch post if you participate in it.


4 comments:

  1. Fiery Heart!! I love this series- my library is taking forever to get this book in stock and I want to read it!
    You read a real mixture of books this month! I love the look of Origin (but I am so behind with the Lux series), and I really like the look of Terra as well, I hadn't heard of this book before.
    Thanks for taking part in BotB again (and happy blogoversary for Monday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richelle Mead does know how to write a good book! I need to read this series i think, i've been thinking about starting it ever since i finished VA. Your covers are all so interesting i may have to look up a couple of them! Thanks for stopping by my Best in the Bunch :)

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truth is I'm not much into vampie books, but this one sounds interesting. I think I'll have to take a look at this one, if the series is that good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read both Origin and The Fiery Heart - Darn! Now I need to read them NOW! :-)

    You can find my BotB HERE!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥