Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: The Hangman's Revolution by Eoin Colfer

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




My WOW pick of this week:


The Hangman's Revolution (W.A.R.P. #2) by Eoin Colfer
Hardcover, 304 pages
Expected publication: June 24th 2014 by Disney Press
Young FBI agent Chevie Savano arrives back in modern-day London after a time-trip to the Victorian age, to find the present very different from the one she left. Europe is being run by a Facsist movement known as the Boxites, who control their territory through intimidation and terror. Chevie's memories come back to her in fragments, and just as she is learning about the WARP program from Professor Charles Smart, inventor of the time machine, he is killed by secret service police. Now they are after Chevie, too, but she escapes--into the past. She finds Riley, who is being pursued by futuristic soldiers, and saves him. Working together again, it is up to Chevie and Riley to find the enigmatic Colonel Clayton Box, who is intent on escalating his power, and stop him before he can launch missiles at the capitals of Europe.




You can't even imagine how excited I am for this book. Eoin Colfer is my favorite writer of all-time and I LOVED the first book. I can't wait to see how Chevie and Riley are going to be thrown together again. *squeeeeeee*




What's your WOW pick of the week?
Leave me links to your post in the comment section!


3 comments:

  1. Oooh, it sounds good. I'm off to check out the first book. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting! Except... you know... I know nothing about this author. O.O *freaks out* I have got to read this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series..definitely going to check it out now!!

    My WoW: http://readbookswilltravel.blogspot.com/2013/11/waiting-on-wednesday-is-weekly-event.html

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥