Thursday, November 28, 2013

Throwback Thursday #13: The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!



My Throwback pick of the week:


The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl #3) by Eoin Colfer
Paperback, 352 pages
Published April 6th 2006 by Puffin (first published 2003)


Artemis Fowl is attempting to go straight. But there's always time for one last job.

Artemis Fowl had created the most powerful new supercomputer known to man - using stolen technology from an elite race of underground fairies.

And when the computer falls into the hands of an IT billionaire with a shady past and alleged mob connections, Artemis is in deep trouble. The consequences for humans and fairies alike are deadly. Only one person, well, fairy, can help him now.

If only Artemis Fowl wasn't the fairies' public enemy number one...



Yes, yes, another Eoin Colfer book. Get ready because there's like five more to go. Just like the other books in this series this one was killer. I really feel like a re-read is in order very soon because honestly, I can barely remember what happened in them except for a few details here and there.



Quote from The Eternity Code:
"And one more thing. About my name — Artemis — you were right. In London, it is generally a female name, after the Greek goddess of archery. But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name. I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you."
Hell yeah! Nobody fucks with Artemis Fowl!




Question of this week:

What is the latest book you have bought?


Tricky, tricky... I order the most of my books online so I'll have to with the last book that I arrived in the mail. Which is...

Ashes on the Waves by Mary Lindsey


I had my eyes on this book for months but never came around to actually buying it until now. First of all, the cover is really special. I love it and second, it's based on Poe's Annabel Lee poem! I'm very excited to read it.



 How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)












2 comments:

  1. Hmm. SO MANY EOIN BOOKS! You make me want to read them some crazy - and LOL, I love that quote that you shared! :) The last book I bought was.... Wanted by Heidi Ayarbe? It's supposed to come in the mail soon. :D

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥