Thursday, November 14, 2013

Throwback Thursday #12: My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!



My Throwback pick of the week:


My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles #1) by Alyxandra Harvey
Paperback, 248 pages
Published January 1st 2010 by Bloomsbury Publishing 


The Drakes are rather different to your usual neighbours. They are vampires and some of the members of the family date back to the twelfth century. One of the children, Solange, is the only born female vampire known and, as such, she poses a direct threat to the vampire queen. Her best friend Lucy is human, and when Solange is kidnapped Lucy and Solange's brother, Nicholas, set out to save her. Lucy soon discovers that she would like to be more than just friends with Nicholas. But how does one go about dating a vampire? Meanwhile, Solange finds an unlikely ally in Kieran, a vampire slayer on the hunt for his father's killer.



The Drake Chronicles is one of my favorite vampire series of all-time and Alyxandra Harvey is one of my favorite writers. This first book in the series is really special to me because this is where it all started. But even after all this time my favorite Drake brother is Quinn. *wolf whistles*




Quote from My Love Lies Bleeding:
*Lucy and Nicholas*
"Why are you limping like that?" Nicholas demanded.
"I'm swaggering," I informed him.
"You look like you're wearing a diaper."
Charming. And I had a crush on this guy.
Wait. I had a crush on this guy?
"Now what?" he asked. "You're making weird faces."
"Nothing," I said quickly. "Never mind."





Question of this week:

How many books do you have on your e-reader?




I'm using my Kindle for PC for this question, 
so at this moment I have 1875 books on it.

But with all the Kindle freebies, everyday I add more and more books. I can't help myself. I love free books!




How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)







3 comments:

  1. Your pick sounds interesting! I've read a couple of books by Harvey, so I might give this one a shot! Also, for e-books... I don't even know. I'd say around 300 or so? Maybe. You have A LOT! I'm so jelly, LOL! :D Awesome post, Steph!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥