Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading.


Since I am re-reading Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge I'll be posting two teasers of it! :D
Enjoy!





Teaser #1:
"Study the sky but never love it," Father had told Astraia and me a thousand times. "It is our prison and the symbol of our captor."

Teaser #2:
She was my twin, born only minutes after me, but in every way that mattered, she was my little sister. I had to protect her—from the Gentle Lord but also from me, from the endless envy and resentment that seethed beneath my skin.




Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
ebook, 352 pages
Expected publication: January 28th 2014 by Balzer + Bray
Graceling meets Beauty and the Beast in this sweeping fantasy about one girl's journey to fulfill her destiny and the monster who gets in her way-by stealing her heart.

Based on the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast, Cruel Beauty is a dazzling love story about our deepest desires and their power to change our destiny.

Since birth, Nyx has been betrothed to the evil ruler of her kingdom-all because of a foolish bargain struck by her father. And since birth, she has been in training to kill him.

With no choice but to fulfill her duty, Nyx resents her family for never trying to save her and hates herself for wanting to escape her fate. Still, on her seventeenth birthday, Nyx abandons everything she's ever known to marry the all-powerful, immortal Ignifex. Her plan? Seduce him, destroy his enchanted castle, and break the nine-hundred-year-old curse he put on her people.

But Ignifex is not at all what Nyx expected. The strangely charming lord beguiles her, and his castle-a shifting maze of magical rooms-enthralls her.

As Nyx searches for a way to free her homeland by uncovering Ignifex's secrets, she finds herself unwillingly drawn to him. Even if she could bring herself to love her sworn enemy, how can she refuse her duty to kill him? With time running out, Nyx must decide what is more important: the future of her kingdom, or the man she was never supposed to love.




Leave me links to your teaser!





Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




4 comments:

  1. I am dying to read this book. I love the cover and I'm a huge Beauty & the Beast fan. Sounds like its good.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-reading?! Was it THAT good?? :) I just received it for review. Can't wait to read it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teasers. Sounds like an awesome read. Thanks for stopping by my site

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥