Monday, September 30, 2013

Best of the Bunch ~ September 2013

Best of the Bunch is a monthly meme hosted by Always Lost in Stories on the last day of every month. The aim of this meme is to share the best book that we have read in that month and give it our Best of the Bunch award.




September Reads:

Life of Forever (The Dreams Trilogy #3) by Beth Bares ~ 4 Stars ~ My Review
Magic Graves (Night Huntrss #4.5 - Kate Daniels #0.5) by Jeaniene Frost and Ilona Andrews ~ 4 Stars


Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles #6) by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan ~ 5 Stars ~ My (mini) Review
Tears of Tess (Tears of Tess #1) by Pepper Winters ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Twisted Lines (Blurred Lines #6) by Breena Wilde ~ 3 Stars


Trust in Me (Wait for You #1.5) by J. Lynn ~ 4 Stars ~ My Review
East of the Sun and West of the Moon by Peter Christen Asbjørnsen ~ 5 Stars 
Blood Vine (Blood Vine #1) by Amber Belldene ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review




And the Best of the Bunch winner of September 2013 is...




Blood Vine (Blood Vine #1) by Amber Belldene
Paperback, 290 pages
Published January 8th 2013 by Omnific Publishing
In Blood Vine, bites are an inconvenient bliss, exiled vampires are wasting away, and the fate of their kind depends on the perfect PR campaign.

When public relations pro Zoey Porter arrives at an enchanting California winery, she discovers her sexy new client is the almost one-night stand she can’t forget. After her husband’s suicide, Zoey has vowed never to risk her heart again. But can she walk away from the intriguing winemaker a second time?

Driven from Croatia by his ancient foes, vampire Andre Maras has finally made a blood-like wine to cure his fellow refugees. Now he needs Zoey’s PR expertise to reach them. After his wife’s death, Andre has a vow of his own—never to risk another painful blood bond. And one taste of the tempting Zoey would bind him to her eternally.

His secrets stall her PR plans. Her jealousy is stoked by the blissed-out beauties leaving his bedroom. At every turn, he utterly fails to resist her. When she discovers he is a vampire, will she be lost to the golden-eyed Hunters, or lose herself to the emptiness in her heart, before she can help him save his kind?



Wow, I can't believe September is already over! Time does fly...
Blood Vine was without a doubt the best book I have read in September. I hadn't expected it to be this good so I was pleasantly surprised. =D


Honorable mentions go to:

Anubis Speaks! by Vicky Alvear Shecter
It was such a great and interesting non-fiction booka bout ancient Egypt. The history nerd inside me devoured this book!

Saving Raphael Santiago by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan
These short stories featuring Magnus Bane are ALWAYS awesome. This one was, too.

Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters
This one was my second favorite book from September. If it wasn't for Blood Vine this would be the winner of this month. A dark but amazing story!




What was the best book you read this month?
Leave me links to your Best of the Bunch post if you participate in it.


4 comments:

  1. Ooh very nice :) I haven't read any of the books you've mentioned however i've heard about a few and i've heard good things. A couple have peeked my interest so i may have to check out your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood Vine sounds really good - I'll have to check that one out!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you read loads of great books this September- loads of 5 star reviews! Sorry I've been really crap at visiting and commenting this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first two Bane Chronicles on my Kindle, but am yet to read them. He's by far my favorite character of Clare's.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥