Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #19


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.



My teaser:



"Name's Lenka," The boy said.
"Lenka," She repeated, "Nice name. Where is it from?"
He smiled. "South Africa, my birthplace. It means 'Taker'." He and Ace shared a look and grinned like cats. "But nobody calls me that. Everyone knows m as Swindle."
She smiled. "Okay, Swindle. South Africa, huh? That would explain why your accent is so freaking beautiful. Swindle ducked his head a bit and thanked her.
"Oye! My accent is pretty frickin' nice, too," Ace said, pretending to pout. He was back to his tee and jeans with yet another pair of awesome skate shoes.
She laughed. "You're right. It is. Where are you from?"
He smiled. "Ireland. Me and Strafford both."
Irish. How yummy. "I had guessed British."
The boys groaned. "Never call an Irishman a bloody Anglo, 'less you're lookin' to end up in a row, know wha' I mean?" Ace said. He boxed the air a few times.
"Irish. British. Never get them mixed up. Got it."

- page 61, Prophecy of the Most Beautiful by Diantha Jones

1 comment:

Share your thoughts! ♥