Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #7



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishWant to know more? Click here.


This week we can pick our own topic so I choose:

Top Ten favorite songs that fit with books and characters.


10. 
Halo by Beyonce
for
Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
You're everything I need and more. It's written all over your face. Baby, I can feel your halo. Pray it won't fade away.








9.
Me Against The World by Simple Plan
for
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
We're not gonna be just apart of their game. We're not gonna be just the victims. They're taking our dreams. And they tear them apart 'til everyone's the same. I've got no place to go, I've got no where to run. They love to watch me fall. They think they know it all.




8.
#1 Crush by Garbage
for
The Hollows by Kim Harrison
~Rachel and Ivy~
I would die for you. I would die for you. I've been dying just to feel you by my side, to know that you're mine.

I would cry for you. I would cry for you. I will wash away your pain with all my tears, I'm drowning on fear.

I will pray for you. I will prey for you. I will sell my soul for something pure and true, someone like you. 

7.
The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars
for
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
~Adrian Ivashkov~
Yeah, I might mess around and get my college degree. I bet my old man will be so proud of me. But sorry pops, you'll just have to wait.

Oh yes, I said it, I said it I said it 'cause I can.

Today I don't feel like doing anything. I just wanna lay in my bed. Don't feel like picking up my phone, so leave a message at the tone. 'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything.


6.
Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney
for 
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
~Wanda & Ian~
I don't want another pretty face. I don't want just anyone to hold. I don't want my love to go to waste. I want you and your beautiful soul.  


5.
His Mistakes by Usher 
for
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
~Rose and Adrian~

And it’s killing me girl knowing you compare me to him. Always guilty before the sin.  I can’t win, I can’t win no. I’ll do anything to prove I love you, baby girl, but I refuse to pay for something I didn’t do. I love you, girl. But I refuse to stay, paying for his mistakes.  He left a scar across your heart I understand, girl. Don’t let his wrongs tear us apart. Cause girl I’m your man.


4.
Papercut by Linking Park
for
Fever by Karen Marie Moning
So I know that when it's time to sink or swim. That the face inside is hearing me. Right underneath my skin. It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back. It's like a whirlwind inside of my head. It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within. It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin.






3.
Strange by Tokio Hotel & Kerli
for
Wither by Lauren DeStefano 
You want to fix me, push me into your fantasy. You try to give me, sell me a new personality. You try to lift me, I don't get better. What’s making you happy is making me sadder. In your golden cage. All I feel is strange, strange. In your perfect world. So strange, strange. I feel so absurd in this life.  Don't come closer. In my arms, forever, you'll be strange, strange,  like me.


2.
Vanilla Twilight by Owl City
for
Fallen by Lauren Kate
~Luce & Daniel~
When violet eyes get brighter. And heavy wings grow lighter, I'll taste the sky and feel alive again. And I'll forget the world that I knew. But I swear I won't forget you. Oh, if my voice could reach back through the past, I'd whisper in your ear; Oh darling, I wish you were here.




1.
Broken by Lifehouse
for
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
~Will Herondale~
I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing. With a broken heart that's still beating. In the pain, there is healing In your name, I find meaning. So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on I'm barely holdin' on to you.



6 comments:

  1. Such a great topic! I love finding songs that go with certain books. I especially love your choices for Hunger Games and Adrian. Awesome job!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-26-love-stories.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such a great time doing this! :D & Couldn't let my Adrian out of it. ♥

      Delete
  2. Great picks! My favorites are Me Against The World for The Hunger Games and Beautiful Soul for The Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an amazing idea! I seriously just went and listened to the songs for the books that I had already read. I loved your choice for The Hunger Games! (:

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible job! What a fantastic topic. New follower via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥