Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading.




My teaser:
This was pretty much when the Guards behind me decided they were going to try to make me do this. And that is when I decided I was going to be hitting someone again.



~Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Paperback, 329 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Spencer Hill Press
There is need. And then there is Fate... Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her. When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her. When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.





Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


6 comments:

  1. I have to admit something here: I've never read a JLA book. I know, I know. I've seen them everywhere, I seriously need to get my hands on one.


    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Alex ♥ I *just* finished this one last week & I LOVED it!! I can't wait to move on to Deity :D

    Great teaser!
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know riiiight! I am so loving Pure. I'm definitely reading Deity as soon as I finish. :D

      Delete
  3. Haha, Oh, I shouldn't laugh. That's not good to hit someone. :) Do hope you love it.

    If you'd like to stop by I have a teaser up this week and a giveaway with it. :)
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-156-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, great teaser -- sounds like a good read!

    Here's my TEASER TUESDAYS post.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥