Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: The Elite by Kiera Cass

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



My WOW pick of this week:


~The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass
Paperback, 336 pages
Expected publication: April 23rd 2013 by HarperTeen
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


I loved the first book, The Selection, so I'm really looking forward to The Elite, hoping that it'll be as good! :D  Go team Maxon!

11 comments:

  1. I still need to read the first one....I really like the covers on these books.

    Hope you don't have to wait to long and if you do, the wait is worth it!

    If you have time come check out: MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't have to wait long at all. It comes out next month already! :D

      Delete
  2. I really liked the Selection. I'm curious to read what will happen next. Great pick! Have you read the novella yet?
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read the first book -- it's on my list!

    Thanks for sharing

    My WoW

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good book. You should really read it! :D And I hope you'll love it as I did.

      Delete
  4. YES! TEAM MAXON, FTW!
    I really can't wait for this book! It looks amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many good things about The Selection, but I still haven't read it. Love the covers very much! I wish I owned a dress like that ;).

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. The covers in this series are so pretty! I still have to read The Selection though I do own it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the first book in this series so I can't wait to see what this one has to offer.

    I hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥