Thursday, May 1, 2014

Throwback Thursday #25: The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Throwback Thursday is a bookish meme hosted every two weeks by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!
--







The Awakening (Darkest Powers #2) 
by Kelley Armstrong
Young Adult ~ Paranormal

Read from February 06 to 09, 2011


Chloe Saunders is on the run
and raising hell. Literally.

Chloe Saunders is not your average supernatural teenager. Genetically altered at birth by a sinister team of scientists, she can barely control her terrifying powers. Now the team that created her has decided it's time to end the experiment. Permanently.

Now Chloe is running for her life along with a charming sorcerer, a troubled werewolf and a temperamental young witch. Together they have a chance for freedom - but can Chloe trust her new friends?


Just like the first book, this one was fantastic. I love these characters and miss them so much! 
I'd really recommend this series!





Quote:
He had a newspaper rolled in his hand, bearing down on me like a puppy that had piddled on the carpet.
"Bad Chloe,” I muttered.
"What?”
I’d forgotten his bionic hearing. “Bad Chloe.” I gestured at the rolled-up paper and put out my hand. “Get it over with.”
This is my favorite quote. I just love Derek and Chloe so much! :D






Question of this week:

Activity: Pick from the books you own on your shelf your top 5 and take a picture of it.

*Note:
I only used 2 Eoin Colfer books. Way to go, me!


Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Airman by Eoin Colfer
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
The Emperor's Conspiracy by Michelle Diener
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge






Next question (May 15): 

What was your latest 5 star book?






If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. 



1 comment:

Share your thoughts! ♥