Thursday, May 29, 2014

Throwback Thursday #27: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong



Throwback Thursday is a bookish meme hosted every two weeks by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!
--





The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
Darkest Powers #3
Young Adult ~ Paranormal
Read from February 10 to 12, 2011


Chloe Saunders is fifteen and would love to be normal. Unfortunately, Chloe happens to be a genetically engineered necromancer who can raise the dead without even trying. She and her equally gifted (or should that be 'cursed'?) friends are now running for their lives from the evil corporation that created them.

As if that's not enough, Chloe is struggling with her feelings for Simon, a sweet-tempered sorcerer, and his brother Derek, a not so sweet-tempered werewolf. And she has a horrible feeling she's leaning towards the werewolf...

Definitely not normal.


Ahhhh, how I love this series. If there's one series I would re-read gladly it's this one. I loved all of it, the story, the characters (especially Derek), the writing,...
Yeah, a very good series. Definitely recommended by me!


Quote:
“You were just worried about me."
An exhale, relieved that I had understood. "Yeah."
I turned. "Because you think I'm worth it."
He put his fingers under my chin. "I absolutely think your worth it."
"But you don't think you are."
His mouth opened. Shut.
"That's what this is about, Derek. You won't let us worry about you because you don't think you're worth it. But I do. I absolutely do.”

Derek and Chloe... I love them sooooo damn much. They're just so adorable! 










Question of this week:


Which author have you read the most books from?


Well... *grins* I'm pretty sure that the author I have read the most books from is Eoin Colfer. Who else, right?
Close seconds, I think, are Jeaniene Frost and Jennifer L. Armentrout





Next question (June 12): 
Picture time! Take a picture the book you're reading right now anywhere you want.






If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. 





1 comment:

  1. If it had been a Eoin book this week your post would be all about him like mine is all Jeaniene xD

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥