Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday: The Crystal Heart by Sophie Masson


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
--





The Crystal Heart by Sophie Masson
July 1st 2014 by Random House Australia 

 
A girl in a tower. An underground kingdom. This retelling of Rapunzel offers a gripping blend of magic, romance, adventure, fairytale, and mystery.

When 17-year-old army conscript Kasper Bator is chosen to join the elite guard that keeps watch over a dangerous prisoner in a tower, he believes what he's been told: the prisoner is a powerful witch. But when he meets the prisoner, Kasper's life will change forever—for the prisoner is no witch, but a beautiful young girl. The daughter of the country's enemy, the Prince of Night, Izolda has been held hostage since she was three. And she is in imminent danger, for a prophecy says she must die on her 16th birthday if Krainos is to be saved from the Prince of Night. Kasper decides to help her escape. As the days pass, their friendship turns into real love, but their hiding place won't stay safe forever.


Another Rapunzel retelling?


I'd like that! ^^






What's your WOW pick of the week?
Leave me links to your post so I can stop by!


5 comments:

  1. I like the sound of it! :D Not a big fan of the cover, but I'm always in the mood for a fairy tale retelling. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice! I'm also very excited for this one (and its my Waiting On this week too!) I enjoyed the picture/gif too. Love fairy-tale retellings but I don't see as many Rapunzel ones- plus the cover is beautiful. - happy reading! :)

    My Waiting-Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo another Rapunzel retelling! I've been enjoying my retellings and on the lookout for more, thank you for this one.

    My Waiting on Wednesday
    88dreamers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a sucker for retellings and this sounds like a good one. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like retellings. It's new to me, sounds really good!

    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥