Sunday, May 18, 2014

Tagged: The Book Blogger Test!

Hi all! 
So I got tagged by Bieke from Istyria Book Blog for this book blogger test.! 
I really like doing these kind of things, so yay! Thanks, Bieke! =D

Oh and don't forget to check out which five bloggers I have tagged below!
Here we go...





What are your top three book hates?

1. Insta-Love: This has got to be my #1 pet peeve in books. I swear, I don't even feel like continuing a book when there's a case on insta-love. Insta-lust I can get, but insta-love is just ridiculous.

2. Whiny Heroines: Kill them. Just kill them. Whiny heroines mostly occur in YA books and I can't even remember how many books with heroines I have read that annoy me so freaking much. 

3. Book Cover Changes: There are exceptions, of course but mostly when a book cover gets changed they either don't fit the other books anymore and thus not fit with the books I have bought of them before or they just look awful. Really bums me out.



Describe your perfect reading spot

Now with warmer days coming my perfect reading spot would be beside the pool. Usually while my little brother is playing in it. Of course I will be sitting far enough away so my book or Kindle doesn't get wet. Can't let that happen. 




Tell us three book confessions

1. Until pretty recently I hadn't read any Young Adult Contemporary books. I know, shocker. I just didn't think I'd be into it until I read some of John Green's books. By now I have read also others in the genre and I must say that I enjoy it more than I originally thought I would. 

2. I'm quite hesitant about books that have more than 400 pages. I don't know... I guess it's me thinking that it'll take forever to read a book like that. But mostly I end up enjoying the books no matter how long they are.

3. I haven't read all the Harry Potter books yet. Oh the same! I have the boxed set with such pretty book covers but I've only made it up to book #4 which I was reading recently but then other books came in between. You know how it goes...



When was the last time you cried while reading?

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - I think it was the ending of the series that got to me. A series ending is always kind of hard on a reader, especially if it's a favorite series of mine.



How many books on your bedside?

Two print books (the book I'm currently reading and a book I won because I haven't gotten around to putting it on my shelves yet) and my Kindle. 



What is your favorite snack while reading?

I don't actually really snack while I'm reading. I'm usually too busy being caught up in the book for that. But I do have some drinks I like while I read. Either hot tea when it's cold but now with the weather getting warmer I tend to drink ice coffee. Yum.



Name three books you would recommend to anyone.


This is so freaking hard! I could literally go on for days with recommendations but I tried to pick the best three I can think of in three different genres!


1. Airman by Eoin Colfer - Best book by Eoin Colfer by far. That and Artemis Fowl but I promised myself only to pick one Colfer book this time. Boo.

2. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning - This series changed my life. It's fecking fantastic. Everyone who hasn't read it needs to get started RIGHT NOW!

3. Every Day by David Levithan - Ahhhh, this book... amazing. And check it out, it's YA contemporary! Told ya, I read some more!



Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.

I don't actually have one favorite bookshelf on my bookcase. I love ALL shelves on it so here's just a picture of my bookcase.




Write how much books mean to you in three words.

Love. Escape. Visionary.



What is your biggest reading secret?

Uhhhh...

I really don't have any reading secrets. I'm a pretty open book when it comes to books I read or anything like that. 




Tag 5 people:

1. Christina @ Booksane
2. Jenn @ Book Bird Reviews
3. Megan @ The Book Babe's Reads
4. Chene @ Mean Who You Are
5. Mel @ The Daily Prophecy 




Whew! Some questions were pretty tough but I had so much fun!



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think my first comment posted so I'm going to try again. xD Loved the post, Steph and your shelves are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did came through. I still had to accept your comment. lol.

      Thanks! I still have one that still needs to be put together. Need more room for my precious books!

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥