Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday: Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
--





Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano
The Internment Chronicles #2
March 10th 2015 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers 


After escaping through the bottom of Internment, Morgan and her fellow fugitives aboard the great mechanical bird land on the ground to finally learn what has lived beneath their floating island home all these eons.

The ground is a strange place where water falls from the sky as snow, and customers watch moving pictures and visit speakeasies. A place where families can have as many children as they want, their dead are buried in vast gardens of bodies, and Internment is the feature of an amusement park.

It is also a land at war.

Everyone who fled Internment had their own reasons to escape their corrupt haven. But caught under the watchful eye of another king that wants to dominate his world, they wonder if coming to the ground will drag Internment down with them.


It's a very very very long wait but I'm sure it's going to be fantastic. I loved the first book soooooooo can't wait!
Also I ADORE the new covers!





What's your WOW pick of the week?
Leave me links to your post so I can stop by!


5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I don't like these new covers for the series. xD But I do want to read this series someday. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with the new covers. It kinda sucks though that I have Perfect Ruin in the old cover but whatever. I might buy it with the new cover. I need them to fit together!

      Delete
  2. Great pick. I do love the cover and I have the first book. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this book, but it sounds really good.
    Thanks for stopping by at my wow.

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover design, IMO, is very reminiscent of the "Twilight" series.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥