Saturday, May 31, 2014

Best of the Bunch ~ May 2014

Best of the Bunch is a monthly meme hosted by Always Lost in Stories on the last day of every month. The aim of this meme is to share the best book that we have read in that month and give it our Best of the Bunch award.
--



Books read in May:

Verity Hart Vs The Vampyres: Part Three by Jennifer Harlow ~ 3 stars ~ My Review
Sweet Phantom by Elizabeth McCoy ~ 3 stars


Eternal Flame by Alyson Noel ~ 3 stars
Verity Hart Vs The Vampyres: Part Four by Jennifer Harlow ~ 3 stars ~ My Review
Last Second Chance by Caisey Quinn ~ 3 stars ~ My Review


Unhinged by A.G. Howard ~ 5 stars ~ My Review
Verity Hart Vs The Vampyres: Part Five by Jennifer Harlow ~ 5 stars ~ My Review
Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones ~ 5 stars ~ My Review


Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky by Marissa Meyer ~ 4 stars 
The Little Android by Marissa Meyer ~ 5 stars 
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole ~ 3 stars ~ My Review


The One by Kiera Cass ~ 3 stars ~ My Review
Destruction by Sharon Bayliss ~ 2 stars
Storm Warning by E. Lee & C. Quinn ~ 5 stars ~ Review to come


Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch ~ 2 stars ~ Review to come!
Winterspell by Claire Legrand ~ 4 stars ~ Review to come!
The Jewel by Amy Ewing ~ 3 stars ~ Review to come!



The Other Side of Anne by Kelly Stuart ~ 3 stars
The Dutchman's Pipe by David Saunders ~ 1 star






And the Best of the Bunch winner of May 2014 is...



Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones
Published August 7th 2001 by Greenwillow Books (first published 1990)
In which a humble young carpet merchant wins, then loses, the princess of his dreams.

Far to the south of the land of Ingary, in the Sultanates of Rashpuht, there lived in the city of Zanzib a young and not very prosperous carpet dealer named Abdullah who loved to spend his time daydreaming. He was content with his life and his daydreams until, one day, a stranger sold him a magic carpet.

That very night, the carpet flew him to an enchanted garden. There, he met and fell in love with the beauteous princess Flower-in-the-Night, only to have her snatched away, right under his very nose, by a wicked djinn. With only his magic carpet and his wits to help him, Abdullah sets off to rescue his princess....



As you can see I read a lot of books. I must say this month wasn't the best ever but I read at least some really great books! Also, I'm a bit behind on reviews as you can see but I will try to post them as soon as I can!
Castle in the Air was the best! I loved every part of it. I was so surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I didn't think I'd find it as good as Howl's Moving Castle but I did! Yay!



Honorable mentions go to:

Unhinged by A.G. Howard
This sequel to Splintered was fantastic. I love love love loved it!

Storm Warning by E. Lee & C. Quinn
This book kind of left be broken (in a good way!). It's cute and funny and really great!

Winterspell by Claire Legrand
Yes, it's just as amazing as it sounds!





What was the best book you read this month?
Let me know!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Castle in the Air! :D It's a tie for best book of the month for me, The Shining by Stephen King was brilliant and creepy but Undead by Kirsty McKay was so witty and zombielicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read a lot of books this month! Congrats on being able to accomplish that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ashamed to say I have never read any Diana Wynne Jones- but I mean to. I own a copy of the first book.
    I keep meaning to read Unhinged as well but I honestly cannot remember anything about the first book!
    I did shockingly bad this month- I only read 5 books and didn't post any reviews at all. I need to set some goals for June I think :/
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥