Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #18


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




This week's selection is:

Splintered by A.G. Howard

~Expected publication: January 2013~



For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before.

When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on.

There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my friggin gosh the cover. Nuff said, no?

    My WoW


    xx
    Riya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this. And it sucks that it isn't released until next year! Horrible, I say.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting for this one as well! I can’t wait to get it!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2094

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cover! And it's publication is months away...

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god!! I <3 Alice in Wonderland, and this has instantly caught my attention. I am sooo intrigued about it all. It sounds sooo good and that cover? Holy cow, I want it so bad!

    Straight on the wishlist!

    Thank you SO much for sharing <33

    Here's my WoW

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for spotlighting my book this week! You just made my Wednesday ... or Thursday, actually. ;) Very nice to meet you, and your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥