Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Book Boyfriend #14



My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by The Unread Reader.




My Book Boyfriend;



~ Ian O'Shea ~






  • Messy black hair
  • Sapphire eyes
  • Pale skin
  • A perfect, aquiline nose
  • Very tall and muscular
  • Mid-twenties
  • Older brother is Kyle
  • Is very kind and caring



"Fine," Jared snapped. "But if you try cuddling up to me tonight... so help me, O'Shea." Ian chuckled. "Not to sound overly arrogant, but to be perfectly honest, Jared, were I so inclined, I think I could do better."                                                              










"It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the things you do with it. You are beautiful."                                                                                                                             


"I held you in my hands, Wanderer, and you were beautiful."


"Her name is Wanda, not it. You will not touch her. Any mark you leave on her, I will double on your worthless hide."


Wanda: “All’s fair in war.”                                                                                                            Ian: “And love. You forgot that part.”


Ian stood above me, his chest heaving with exertion and fury. For a second he turned away and put the door back in place with one swift wrench. And then he was glowering again. I took a deep breath and rolled up onto my knees, holding my hands out, palms up, wishing that some magic would appear in them. Something I could give him, something I could say. But my hands were empty. "You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me." His eyes blazed - burning brighter than I had ever seen them, blue fires. "Ian," I whispered. "You have to see that... that I can't stay. You must se that." "No!" he shouted at me. I cringed back, and, abruptly, Ian crumpled forward, falling to his knees, falling into me. He buried his head in my stomach, and his arms locked around my waist. He was shaking, shaking hard, and loud, desperate sobs were breaking out of his chest. "No, Ian, no," I begged. This was so much worse than his anger. "Don't, please. Please, don't." "Wanda," he moaned. "Ian, please. Don't feel this way. Don't. I'm so sorry. Please." I was crying too, shaking too, though that might have been him shaking me. "You can't leave." "I have to, I have to," I sobbed. And then we cried wordlessly for a long time.




The Host by Stephenie Meyer is my #1 favorite book. It's simply amazing. Jake Abel will play Ian in the movie, coming out March 29, 2013.

♥♥♥♥




Some pictures of the movie:
Too bad no Ian yet... :(






11 comments:

  1. The Host took me a while to get into, but once I did I was hooked. It was a really emotional book for me as I laughed, cried, screamed in anger and was giddy with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you said. So many emotions!

      Delete
  2. Whoa! Jake Abel will be playing Ian. *bounces* I just saw a teaser for the movie, but it wasn't really a preview so I had no clue. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the real teaser! I hope we get one soon.

      Delete
  3. Omg. I LOVE your pick! I read the Host back in my twilight days and I fell blindly for both Ian and Jared. He is just the sweetest thing ever and he gave me so many feels and i just cant. Lol Great pick and fantastic qoutes

    Check out mine at : http://thecozyarmchair.blogspot.com/2012/05/book-boyfriend-5-etienne-st-clair.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a off day. Felt a little sad but doing this made me happy. I almost couldn't think of a book boyfriend to do but then it hit me. Ian! He's like one of my favorites! ♥

      Delete
  4. I'm ashamed to admit I've had this on my shelf for ages and haven't picked it up yet, I didn't even know a film was coming out!!! At least I've got about a year to read it before it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a serious fun over her. Already made my friend swear she would go see the movie with me. :P

      Delete
    2. I have had it on my shelf for about a year too. The impending movie will finally get me to read it. Not that I'm dreading reading it or anything, there's just always so many books to choose from.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow – I seriously need to read this series! He sounds extremely great based on those quotes. And those pictures! Great pick! I am definitely checking this out, like now – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's Mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-8-christopher-merrick.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh geez! I didn't want to read The Host because of some mixed reviews, but after reading about Ian I NEED to read it. I actually own it, so I think this will be the next book I read! Thanks!

    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥