Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #4

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishWant to know more? Click here.



This week;

 Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes 



1. "It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the things you do with it. You are beautiful." - The Host by Stephenie Meyer




2. Much slower, I turned around to see Vlad examining his fingernails, as if his hands weren't still ablaze in the flames that had blasted the ghoul's head off moments before.
"what the hell was that?" I gasped.
"Premature inflammation," he replied. "Happens sometimes. Very embarrassing, I don't like to talk about it." - This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost


3. "My God, Sage. Your eyes. How have I never noticed them?"
That uncomfortable feeling was spreading over me again. "What about them?""The color," he breathed. "When you stand in the light. They're amazing... like molten gold. I could paint those..." He reached toward me but then pulled back. "They're beautiful. You're beautiful." - Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


4. "One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." - Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare


5. "Don't worry, little dhampir. You might be surrounded by clouds, but you'll always be like sunshine to me." - Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead


6. "Then you remember the dream,” Mencheres stated. “That bodes ill.”
 The fear of that made my reply snappy. “Hey, Walks Like An Egyptian, how about for once you drop the formal stuff and talk like you live in the twenty-first century?”
 "The shit’s gonna splatter, start buggin’, yo,” Mencheres responded instantly.

 I stared at him, then burst out laughing, which was highly inappropriate considering the very grave warning he’d just conveyed. - Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost


7. He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?"
I do.
Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me. - Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning


8. "You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl." - Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning


9. "One day you do meet a man who kisses you and you can’t breathe around it and you realize you don’t need air. Oxygen is trivial. Desire makes life happen. Makes it matter. Makes everything worth it. Desire is life. Hunger to see the next sunrise or sunset. To touch the one you love. To try again." - Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning


10. I love books, by the way, way more than movies. Movies tell you what to think. A good book lets you choose a few thoughts for yourself." - Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning




♥♥♥♥



4 comments:

  1. Great list! Love the quote from Clockwork Angel and #10 from Darkfever :)
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the Frost and Moning quotes! Mac and Jericho are awesome together!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-ten-tuesday-23-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading these makes me want to dive into the Fever books that have been sitting on my shelf for some time now. Swoon-worthy!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love them all <3 :) Great pick Stephanie ;) <3

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥