Thursday, October 24, 2013

Throwback Thursday #9

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!



My Throwback pick of the week:


The Orange Trees of Versailles by 
Paperback, 144 pages
Published May 11th 2004 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers 
5 stars!


When Marion Dutilleul enters the service of the Marquise de Montespan, she never imagines that her ability to recognize scents and to blend them into perfumes will win her the favor of Louis XIV’s mistress. But the marquise quickly has the young girl creating new perfumes for her. Eager to please and hopeful that her olfactory gifts will win her recognition, Marion concocts memorable fragrances. Then, to her horror, credit is bestowed on someone else. Marion feels betrayed.

Now Marion opens her eyes and ears (in addition to her nose!) and realizes that beneath the splendor of palace life is a place teeming with deceit. To survive, she must use her keen sense of smell not to create perfumes, but to thwart those who would do her—and one of France’s beloved monarchs—great harm.





This is one of my favorite books ever. I read it when I was 12 or 13, I think. It's a beautiful story that has a lot of historical events that really happened. I read the translation in Dutch when I read it the first time and a year ago, somewhere in November 2012 I reread it in the english translation. I fell in love with it all over again. 



I don't remember any quotes from it and can't find any either... so no quote of the book this week. Sorry! :(




Question of this week:

Do you have any pets?



Yes! ^^ 
I have bunny named Ducky (or Eendje in Dutch).
Ain't she cuuuute? :D



Also have a dog named Prutske.
Look at her jump!




And at my mom's house they have some animals too. They're not really mine but I love them anyway.

Kitty a.k.a the devil's pet.
And Iso (golden retriever) and Trixie (that white thing :p)





How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)










3 comments:

Share your thoughts! ♥