Thursday, October 3, 2013

Throwback Thursday #7

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!



My Throwback pick of the week:


Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle #1) by Diana Wynne Jones
Paperback, 336 pages
Published August 1st 2001 by Greenwillow Books
5 Stars!


In which a witch bewitched the hatter's daughter - and then some....

Sophie lived in the town of Market Chipping, which was in Ingary, a land in which anything could happen, and often did - especially when the Witch of the Waste got her dander up. Which was often.

As her younger sisters set out to seek their fortunes, Sophie stayed in her father's hat shop. Which proved most unadventurous, until the Witch of the Waste came in to buy a bonnet, but was not pleased. Which is why she turned Sophie into an old lady. Which was spiteful witchery.

Now Sophie must seek her own fortune. Which means striking a bargain with the lecherous Wizard Howl. Which means entering his ever-moving castle, taming a blue fire-demon, and meeting the Witch of the Waste head-on. Which was more than Sophie bargained for....





I've always loved this story so much. I watched the movie (directed by  Hayao Miyazaki) first when I was younger and was absolutely enchanted by it. When I found out years later that it was based on a book I really wanted to read it and I finally did in 2012! And it was just as enchanting and magical as the movie... <3




Quote from Howl's Moving Castle:
"Yes, you are nosy. You're a dreadfully nosy, horribly bossy, appallingly clean old woman. Control yourself. You're victimizing us all."




Question of this week:

Do you read before bed?

Mostly I do. I always try to fit at least one more chapter in before I go to sleep. Then even if I haven't read all day, I'll have at least read a little and that does count for something. :)



How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)






3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie!! :) Ooh, How's Moving Castle! I haven't actually read the book, but I did see the Japanese anime adaptation of it and it was pretty cool! I need to pick it up one day for sure! It sounds way cool :D Thanks for sharing, great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie!! :) Ooh, How's Moving Castle! I haven't actually read the book, but I did see the Japanese anime adaptation of it and it was pretty cool! I need to pick it up one day for sure! It sounds way cool :D Thanks for sharing, great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't gotten to read Howl's Moving Castle. xD Great pick, Steph!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥