Thursday, October 31, 2013

Throwback Thursday #10

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!



My Throwback pick of the week:


The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1) by Kelley Armstrong
Paperback, 359 pages
Published April 12th 2011 by ATOM
5 Stars!


An ordinary town . . . full of deadly secrets

Strange things have been happening in sixteen-year-old Maya's small Vancouver Island community--from the mountain lions that have been constantly approaching her to her best friend's hidden talent for "feeling" out people and situations. There's also a sexy new bad boy who makes Maya feel . . . "different." Combine that with a few unexplained deaths and a mystery involving Maya's biological parents and it's easy to suspect that this town might have more than its share of skeletons in its closet.





Although I have read the two other books in this series, I did love this one. I love Kelley Armstrong's books and definitely in this series. It wasn't as good as The Darkest Powers, I remember, but still very good. 




Quote from The Gathering:
Rafe grinned. "So we are dating?"
"No. You have to pass the parental exam first. It'll take you awhile to compile the data. They'd like it in triplicate." I turned to my parents. "We have Kenji. We have my cell phone. Since we aren't officially dating, I'm sure you'll agree that's all the protection we need."
Dad chocked on his coffee.



Question of this week:

What is the first book you remember loving?



These books are the first that I remember loving. I can't quite remember which came first so I'm featuring them both. The Breadwinner by Deborah Ellis was an amazing book about Afghanistan. Of course back then I read it in Dutch but I wouldn't mind rereading it in English sometime. Tinka by Ed Franck is a Flemish book that's also about war. Really sad but amazing too. I both read these books when we would go to the library with our class. I used to love that so much.




How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! ♥