Thursday, October 10, 2013

Throwback Thursday #8

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!



My Throwback pick of the week:


Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey
Paperback, 278 pages
Published January 5th 2012 by Bloomsbury
5 stars!


For seventeen years, Eloise Hart had no idea the world of Faery even existed. Now she has been abducted and trapped in the Rath of Lord Strahan, King of Faery. Strahan was only meant to rule for seven years, as Faery tradition dictates, and then give up his crown to another. But he won't comply, and now chaos threatens both worlds.

The only one who can break his stranglehold on the Faery court is his wife. . . Eloise's aunt Antonia. Using Eloise to lure Antonia, Strahan captures his wife, desperate to end the only threat to his reign. Now Eloise must become the rescuer. Together with her best friends Jo and Devin, she must forge alliances with other Fae, including a gorgeous protector named Lucas, and Strahan's mysterious son, Eldric-who may or may not betray them.





I love pretty much all books by Alyxandra Harvey and Stolen Away is definitely one of my favorites. It's a stand-alone book and a very quick read but such a cute story about faeries. I do sometimes wish she would make it a series but it works like this too.
And I put up both covers because I couldn't choose and I used to own them both. :D



Quote from Stolen Away:
"You were at the party on Friday night, weren't you?" I didn't mentioned I'd followed him into the woods.
He leaned back in his chair, his legs sprawled out. His boots nudged the bottom ruffle of my skirt. "Aye."
Aye? Seriously? Could he be any hotter?
Unless he had been looking for his girlfriend at the party. Not hot.
"I was supposed to meet my cousin," he elaborated, "but I didn't find her."
Hot again.




Question of this week:

What's your favorite most recent book?



Blood Vine (Blood Vine #1) by Amber Belldene
&
Blood Entangled (Blood Vine #2) by Amber Belldene

These are two books but I read one right after the other and I couldn't choose. They're in the same series so I suppose it counts. 
But seriously these books? Damn good! Go Read them! :D




How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)











1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this one either, no fair! It's sound awesome though and that quote was smexy.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥