Sunday, January 5, 2014

Book Blogger New Year’s Challenge - Day 5: Worst Book of 2013

Hosted by Rachel @ ParaJunkee

This New Year's Challenge sounds like a fun way to kick off the new year!




Worst Book of 2013




The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass

I was really disappointed by this book. I did love the first book, The Selection but its sequel was downright awful and had to give it only one star sadly enough.




How about you?
Which book did you think was the worst in 2013?
Let me know!



7 comments:

  1. I was very disappointed in this book too. For me second books in a series are so important, but this one felt unnecessary. The world building is just not there, and the whole out of sight out of mind approach to America's love life (I love Aspen because he's here! Oh, wait now I love Maxon, because he's right in front of me!) was terrible. Of course, I totally plan on reading The One. I just think this could have focused just on the Bachelor-esque fun of the books, instead of trying to make it a dystopian trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book but I think the cover looks interesting. Maybe I'll check out the first book and leave it at that.

    April @ onceuponacoffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got around to this one but yeah hopefully the last book will turn everything around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have this on my tbr list and have mixed idea about reading it. So I haven't as of yet and not sure if I will get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - Great minds, dislike the same books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was really disappointed in this one too!! I'm really hoping that The One can redeem America because I just wanted to smack her half the time through The Elite.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥