Thursday, January 2, 2014

Throwback Thursday #17: The Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!
--




Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl #5) by Eoin Colfer
Paperback, 400 pages
Published May 31st 2007 by Penguin UK


Demons are beginning to materialize without warning on Earth. If humans were to capture one, all fairies would be exposed. In order to protect themselves, the fairies must decipher complicated equations to determine where the next demon will appear. Not even the brilliant Foaly can make heads or tails of the formulas – but he knows someone who can: Artemis Fowl. When a very confused demon imp appears in a Sicilian theater, Artemis is there to meet him. But he is not alone. Someone else has unlocked the secrets of the fairy world…and she is only twelve years old. Now, in a race against time, a newly-reformed Artemis Fowl will have to dip into his bag of dirty tricks if he is to save his fairy friends from his latest nemesis, not to mention a power hungry demon warlord who is poised to invade our dimension with his savage army.




The Lost Colony was a very different book than the others I remember. It's also the first time Minerva appeared in it and of course how can I forget #1! One of my favorite characters! Yeah, a re-read is definitely in order!




Question of this week:

What's one book you've read multiple times?


I used to re-read books all the time but ever since I joined Goodreads I found more and more books so it got harder and harder to re-read anything.



So what book have I read multiple times?

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

I think I read this book about five times. All before 2011 (when I joined Goodreads). Now I can't even imagine reading a book so many times.
But one of my resolutions for 2014 is re-reading more books. Wish me luck!

Other books I have read many times. I can't even remember how many is all the Artemis Fowl books. (No surprise there) =D




How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! ♥