Sunday, June 30, 2013

Best of the Bunch ~ June 2013

Best of the Bunch is a monthly meme hosted by Always Lost in Stories on the last day of every month. The aim of this meme is to share the best book that we have read in that month and give it our Best of the Bunch award.




June Reads:


Fall For Me (The Tate Chronicles #1) by K.A. Last ~ 1 Star ~ My Review
Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Eversea (Eversea #1) by Natasha Boyd ~ 4 Stars ~ My Review



My Name is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton ~ 3 Stars ~ My Review
Justice (Galilee Falls Trilogy #1) by Jennifer Harlow ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Demons in the Big Easy by Jamie Marchant ~ 3 Stars ~ My Review



Freeing Pain by Lor Rose ~ 2 Stars
Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles #3) by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Death Takes a Holiday (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation #3) by Jennifer Harlow ~ 4 Stars ~ My Review



Fifty Shades of Facebook by Joseph Menette ~ 1 Star 
Keeper of the King's Secrets (Susanna Horenbout and John Parker #2) by Michelle Diener ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Gradation by Geoff Peck ~ 1 Star


My Name is Electra by Joanna Leyland ~ 2 Stars




And the Best of the Bunch winner of June 2013 is...


~Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Kindle Edition, 370 pages
Published May 31st 2013 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Covet)
He’s arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.

Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.

Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something... unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.

Hunter stirs Serena’s temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he’s doing the unthinkable—breaking the rules he’s lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life… or is it Hunter?




Obsession was by far the best book I have read this month. No surprise there since it's from JLA. But also loved Justice and Keeper of the King's Secrets! :)


1 comment:

  1. You read so many cool looking titles this month! I'm drooling over some of the pretty covers here!

    I've only read one JLA book so far (Obsidian), but I definitely need to read more of hers.

    Have a good July!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥