Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday: Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
--





Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
The Dark Artifices #1
March 8th 2016 by Margaret K. McElderry Books


 

Los Angeles. It’s been five years since the events of the Mortal Instruments when Nephilim stood poised on the brink of oblivion and Shadowhunter Emma Carstairs lost her parents. After the blood and violence she witnessed as a child, Emma has dedicated her life to to discovering exactly what it was that killed her parents and getting her revenge.

Raised in the Los Angeles Institute with the Blackthorn family, Emma is paired as a parabatai with her best friend, Julian Blackthorn. A series of murders in the city catch her attention — they seem to have the same characteristics as the deaths of her parents. Could the murderer be the same person? And her attention isn’t the only one caught: someone has been murdering Downworlders as well. The Fair Folk make a deal with the Institute: if the Blackthorns and Emma will investigate the killings, they’ll return Mark Blackthorn to his home. The catch: they have only two weeks to find the killers. Otherwise it’s open war between faeries and Nephilim.

The Shadowhunters of the Institute must race against time to catch the killers, even as they begin to suspect the involvement of those closest to them. At the same time, Emma is falling in love with the one person in the world she’s absolutely forbidden by Shadowhunter Law to love. Set against the glittering backdrop of present-day Los Angeles, Emma must learn to trust her head and her heart as she investigates a demonic plot that stretches from the warlock-run nightclubs of the Sunset Strip to the enchanted sea that pounds the beaches of Santa Monica.


I'm a huge fan of anything set in the world of Shadowhunters so of course it's not a surprise that I can't wait to get my hands on this book! 
Also, how gorgeous is that cover?! ♥



What's your WOW pick of the week?
Leave me a link to your post so I can stop by!


20 comments:

  1. I need this in my life. I seriously can't wait to get my hands on it. I love the world of the Shadowhunters. And the cover...so pretty! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the biggest fan of this author, but that cover is sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this thing with blue covers. They're stalking me and I can't resist them. lol

      Delete
  3. Still haven't read anything by Cassandra Clare but lately I'm really tempted to just buy the first book ... I'M NOT SUUUURE! Ugh. I like the cover of this one though, so I hope you'll enjoy it! <3

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series is sooooo amazing! The Infernal Devices is even better than The Mortal Instruments, though! You must meet all the awesome characters. Jace, Magnus, Will, Jem, Tessa!

      Delete
  4. OMG - Yes! I am have been waiting on this one a looooong time!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this series! I haven't finished the TMI though - should probably do that before this comes out. lol great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would probably be a good idea, yes. LOL oh and The Infernal Devices too, if you haven't read/finished those either.

      Delete
  6. This is one of my most anticipated books for 2016. I absolutely love the shadowhunters world. I still need to finish TMI before this is released. The Infernal Devices was fantastic! Great pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not going to lie - I am wicked excited for this book. I loved City of Bones et al and excited to meet these new characters in a new city! Great pick!

    My WoW- http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/10/waiting-on-wednesday-criminal-magic-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already can't handle all the feels I'm gonna have with this book! Squeee :D

      Delete
  8. Isn't that book cover beautiful?! I'm so excited for this as well! Enjoy :) Here's my Wow!

    Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a huge fan of all things Cassandra Clare, so I am definitely excited along with you! The cover is GORGEOUS and I can't wait to know what the book holds for us :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this a new series??? How is the Shadow Hunter world that big????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a spin-off series of The Mortal Instruments that takes place in L.A. five years after TMI ends. :)

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥