Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 End of Year Book Survey! ♥

2015-end-of-year-book-survey-1024x984
It's time for the end of year book survey again! I can't believe how fast this year went. It just felt like a few months ago when I filled in the one of last year. But here we go again!
This survey is hosted by the lovely Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner


reading-stats-2015-1024x278
Number Of Books You Read: 179
Number of Re-Reads: I didn't keep track of those but I think I re-read three books - Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, Airman by Eoin Colfer and Faefever by Karen Marie Moning
Genre You Read The Most From: Adult, mostly contemporary. 


best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray & Laura Kamoie

There were many books I read that I loved but I gotta say that this book was way above all the rest. It doesn't come out until March but it really is such an excellent read. The best historical fiction I've read so far!

 

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Sinner's Steel by Sarah Castille

Don't get me wrong, I liked this book. I just didn't love it as much as I loved the two previous books in the series. Zane was always my favorite guy but his story just wasn't as great as I had hoped it would be.

 

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

Witch Upon a Star by Jennifer Harlow

This book was surprising because I hadn't expected to love it as much, although Harlow is one of my favorite authors. I actually think it's her best work so far. 


4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?


This honestly is such a hard question. I wouldn't say I "push" people to read books. I always recommend books by Eoin Colfer but I don't think people actually follow that particular recommendation. FOOLS!

 

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?



Best series you started: Stripped series by Skye Warren
I absolutely love this series! I've been pretty obsessed with it and read all the books so far. Skye's definitely my new favorite dark romance author.

Best sequel : Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost
After the disaster that was book #2, I was so glad and relieved that this one was amazing again. I can't wait for the next one!

Best series ender: Winter by Marissa Meyer
What else? No other series ender has even comes close to the epicness of Winter!

 

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?



I've only read two books of her so far but I loved them both and thought they were so amazing and unique. She's also super nice so I can't wait to read more by her in the future.

 

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith

I barely read mystery books but these... oh they're so amazing. And not just because they're written by Rowling. I genuinely enjoyed them and to be honest, as much as I love the Harry Potter books (and I really do!) I actually liked The Cuckoo's Calling and The Silkworm more. I know they can't be compared but it's just how I feel.

 

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

The Drafter by Kim Harrison

This definitely has to be The Drafter. It pretty much blew my mind. There was a lot of action and also kind of fucked with my head. Gotta love those books.I can't wait to read the next one!

 

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

I really don't re-read a lot of books because there are so many other unread books that I still need to get to but if I would re-read a book (that isn't a Eoin Colfer or Karen Marie Moning book) it would be Uprooted. Why? Because it reminded me of Howl's Moving Castle and I loved it so much. Such a fantastic book!

 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins

Not only is it one of my top favorites of 2015, the cover is also beyond gorgeous! I've only read the e-arc of it but sometime I need to get my hands on the paperback or hardcover.

 

11. Most memorable character of 2015?


Martha “Patsy” Jefferson Randolph was by far the most memorable character. She doesn't even come close to any other character I've read about. 

 

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

Deep Blue Eternity by Natasha Boyd

Another top favorite of mine. And it definitely deserves all the praise it gets.

 

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer

This was a random find at my library and I can't say I completely loved this book but it sure as hell was thought-provoking. It was also a book that was far out of my comfort zone, dealing with mental health. 

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 

One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

I actually read this book pretty recently and I don't know what it did to me but wow! I could barely stop reading in it and I loved all the unexpected twists the story took. I've had it since 2013 I think and it's even a signed copy. Why didn't I read it sooner?!

 

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?


Ursula K. Le Guin is THE qeen of fantasy! 


16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?


Shortest: The Morning After by Eva Chase - 11 pages
Longest: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon - 947 pages

 

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most


This book was full of mind fucks and I really hadn't expected it to end like that!

 

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Shazi & Khalid

They are EVERYTHING!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Winter by Marissa Meyer
Scarlet & Winter

I adored Scarlet and Winter's friendship!

 

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer

I love all her books!

 

21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Beck Albertalli

I've seen quite a few people rave about this book, especially Bieke from Istyria Book Blog, so when I saw it on vacation last summer I bought it right away and I loved it!

 

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

JAMIE FRASER! 



 

23. Best 2015 debut you read?


Simon again... But it was just so good! Really amazing for a debut novel!

 

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

The world-building and vivid setting makes this another winner!

 

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

Thor Speaks! by Vicky Alvear Shecter

These books are just so much fun and Thor is awesome to read about.

 

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?

Forever With You by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Some parts in this book were so freaking sad, I couldn't help but cry with it. But it was my favorite book in the series so far!

 

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

Dark Horse by Michelle Diener

This was SO good. As are all books by Michelle Diener. I wish more people knew about it!

 

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

Only because it was the last book and I still can't deal with that!

 

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

Sepherene: The Complete Chronicles by Daniel Beazley

This definitely was the most unique because it has angels in it and I actually liked it (shocking, I know!). Also because it was fantasy and there was some hidden greek mythology in it also that I caught.

 

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

Queen of Tomorrow by Sherry D. Ficklin

This wasn't a bad book or anything. It was just that the choices the main character made drove me INSANE!

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?


A World Between Folded Pages - Yvonne's such an awesome person who I've gotten to know a little bit more this year. Her blog is amazing so everyone should definitely go check it out!


2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?


Ah that's a hard question. I'm thinking maybe Love Hurts because I love writing reviews for anthologies!


3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?


Definitely the Try a New Genre Challenge. The title says it all it was a challenge to try a new genre and there were awesome prices to be won. I won the price of $50 for particpating the most in the group on Facebook. Basically I talked my ass off. lol


4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?


I didn't go to many events. I did go to the boekenbeurs but didn't meet any new authors this year. I had a chance to meet Julie Kagawa but I had to go to my brother's birthday party that day. Too bad, but there's always next year.


5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?



Probably this moment! ♥


6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?


I've had some reading slumbs this year. The worst only was a few weeks ago when I only read a little bit in two weeks and one of those two weeks I didn't read at all. But I'm over it now, luckily.


7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?


Probably my 4th blogoversary post. I can't believe I've been blogging for four years already!


8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?


Any post, I guess. I can't really just name one, they all deserve love!


9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?


Society6! Especially Evie Seo's designs. They are gorgeous. I swear next year I will buy something!


10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?


I completed the 2015 Goodreads Reading Challenge! Other than that I don't really do any challenges because I can never stick with them for a while year.


looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?



I've been feeling SO bad that I haven't had the chance to read this book yet. It has some of my top favorite historical fiction authors but other books have been getting in the way but I WILL read it early in 2016. I have to.


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?


Oh so many! But to name one... My favorite author, Eoin Colfer is releasing a book in November about Iron Man. It will be published by Marvel Press and I couldn't be more excited about it!


3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?


The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

"THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN is a lush, beautifully written and vividly imagined fantasy inspired by Indian mythology."

I MUST have it!


4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?


The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh

I'm excited yet dreading to find out how Shahrzad's story will end.


5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?


Well, me and Christina from Booklover's Teaparty are planning on started a new meme so I hope we'll stick with that for a while.


6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:


This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp

This book is pretty tough to read (at least it was for me) but it's also an amazing book. Everyone should definitely read it. The author is SO talented.








5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! A lot of these books are completely new to me but YAY SIMON! :D Also, This Is Where It Ends is amazing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too, Bieke! Simon definitely was one of my top favorite YA books. :)

      Delete
  2. So I haven't even heard of America' First Daughter, definitely going to check it out! That sounds so good! Uprooted is at the top of my TBR after seeing it on my surveys. Great year in books!

    My 2015 Survey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your answers! I also wrote a review for Love Hurts which was so cool because anthologies <3 I have discovered Society6 and Eviebookish's store this year too and I actually have a mug journeying its way towards me at the current moment. So many books mentioned here that I need to read still!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥