Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Series I've Given Up On


I was inspired by this post on Kariny's Teen Boox Frenzy. It made me realized there are quite a few series I've given up on. I managed to narrow it down to seven. ;)





House of Night by P.C. and Kristin Cast


I remember that I liked the first three or four books in this series but after that it all went to hell. There are 12 books in this series and I read up to book #9 so I did get far in but after that book I gave up. I don't quite remember the exact reason because it's been so long but I do remember thinking it was all getting too crazy.


The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter


I've only read the first book of this series and sure, it was likable but some things I couldn't get over. Like the character of Hades being called Henry? I love Greek mythology. I really really love it so I want characters that are supposed to represent Hades and Persephone being called as they should be. 


Divergent by Veronica Roth


Now the only reason I'm not interested in continuing this series is because I read a spoiler about the ending. Everyone who has read the last book probably knows what I'm talking about.  Also, I've never been a huge fan of this series. I like it but don't love it. I do like Four, though!


Delirium by Lauren Oliver


For some reason I never made it to Pandemonion. I'm not sure why because I remember really liking Delirium but at this point I don't think I'll ever continue this series. I just have no interest in it anymore.


Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


I've read the first three books of this series, but never read the fourth. I'm not even sure why I even continued after the first book because I really hate Patch. I just can't stand him and I know a lot of people adore the guy but ugh... he was such a douchebag! And other than that I dislike books about angels a lot. There are a few series about angels that I do appreciate (Fallen by Lauren Kate, Halo by Alexandra Adornetto...) but Hush, Hush is the one about angels I dislike the most.


The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater


I didn't like Shiver much and I did try to read Linger but I really couldn't get through to it so I gave up on this series. I don't want to give up on this author, though. I'd like to try some of her other books.


The Selection by Kiera Cass


This series... I don't want to use the word "hate" but I do hate this series. To be fair, I did enjoy the first book. In fact, I have it 5 stars back when I read it. And then I read The Elite and it went all to hell. I really started hating on America and Maxon so hard. I'm not sure what happened but I disliked it so badly I had to give it only 1 star. The One, whoever wasn't the worst but still...  I have zero interest in reading The Heir. 





Which series have you given up on?



8 comments:

  1. There are so many series I've given up on, either because I didn't like the first book that much or I just didn't want to buy the sequel. I never read Allegiant because it got such mixed reviews and I also saw a big spoiler. I had a big break between book 1 in the Goddess Test series and the rest but I actually really enjoyed them in the end. As for the Delirium series I really didn't like how the author ended Pandemonium so that was that. Anyway, thanks for sharing, Stephanie!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my best friends loved the Goddess Test books so I don't dare tell her I don't plan on continuing them. lol

      Delete
  2. I never tried the House Of Night series because the number of books scares me..totally know what you mean about Allegiant!! I do like Hush Hush though but the last book was pretty boring! Hades being called Henry? okay that sounds wrong lol :P

    http://karinysteenbooxfrenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not even try to read the HON series. Zoey totally annoyed me and things happening in the books were just insane.

      Delete
    2. lol ok i totally trust what you're saying :P i have no intention of starting them :P

      Delete
  3. OH NO! So sad to hear that Allegiant was spoiled for you. Some people are real butts. I still think you should read it. So much else happens in that book and the justification is worth the knowledge. Aw, I'm sad.

    I've heard not great things about Delirium trilogy. I haven't tried to read it myself yet, but I love all of Lauren Olivers other books, so I'm a little worried.

    Loved this post! Such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same as you! I gave up on the HON series (wow did that one go bad), Divergent and Delirium! The second books in both of those were so bad that I didn't care about the endings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think I've given up a couple series. I'll have to check my shelves to be sure. Lauren Kate's Fallen series is among them. And Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥