Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday: Stars Above by Marissa Meyer

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
--



Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
A Lunar Chronicles Collection
February 2nd 2016 by Feiwel & Friends

 

The enchantment continues....

The universe of the Lunar Chronicles holds stories—and secrets—that are wondrous, vicious, and romantic. How did Cinder first arrive in New Beijing? How did the brooding soldier Wolf transform from young man to killer? When did Princess Winter and the palace guard Jacin realize their destinies?

With nine stories—five of which have never before been published—and an exclusive never-before-seen excerpt from Marissa Meyer’s upcoming novel, Heartless, about the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, Stars Above is essential for fans of the bestselling and beloved Lunar Chronicles.

-- The Little Android: A retelling of Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Little Mermaid,” set in the world of The Lunar Chronicles.
Glitches: In this prequel to Cinder, we see the results of the plague play out, and the emotional toll it takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch….
The Queen’s Army: In this prequel to Scarlet, we’re introduced to the army Queen Levana is building, and one soldier in particular who will do anything to keep from becoming the monster they want him to be.
Carswell’s Guide to Being Lucky: Thirteen-year-old Carswell Thorne has big plans involving a Rampion spaceship and a no-return trip out of Los Angeles.
The Keeper: A prequel to the Lunar Chronicles, showing a young Scarlet and how Princess Selene came into the care of Michelle Benoit.
After Sunshine Passes By: In this prequel to Cress, we see how a nine-year-old Cress ended up alone on a satellite, spying on Earth for Luna.
The Princess and the Guard: In this prequel to Winter, we see a game called The Princess.
The Mechanic: In this prequel to Cinder, we see Kai and Cinder’s first meeting from Kai’s perspective.
Something Old, Something New: In this epilogue to Winter, friends gather for the wedding of the century...



I finished reading Winter last week. It was fantastic so I'm really excited for this collection of short stories and look at that cover! *drools*
I really wish I could get my hands on it already! ♥



What's your WOW pick of the week?
Leave me a link to your post so I can stop by!


15 comments:

  1. I love this cover so much. It is gorgeous! I really, really need read Winter soon so I can pick this up when its released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter was sooooo epic! You definitely won't be disappointed.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series but it definitely sounds interesting! I hope you manage to get your hands on a copy soon :)
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm most excited for the last two! :D I read the first two already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cress was my favorite but Winter was like ahhhhh one of the best series endings ever!

      Delete
  4. *Hangs head in shame* I've yet to start this series but I really want to. Love the covers and the premise seems really interesting. Hope you get to read this one soon. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be a popular pick for W.O.W. since Winter was released. I really like how all of the covers really tie into each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's SO PRETTY! I have to catch up on this series, but I'm glad there will be more to look forward to once I do!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read/start this series -- I have heard nothing but amazing things!!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY need to continue this series ... only read Cinder so far, ugh. I'm really excited for it though! This is already on my TBR list, so I HOPE I can read the next books asap! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥