Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #44: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.




I am finally reading Onyx! I have been meaning to read this ever since August but never got to it until now. And oh my god, it's totally awesome! :D ♥



My teaser:
"Cookie?" he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. "Sure."
His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. "Come and get it."
Come and get...? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...


-page 5-6, paperback





~Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Paperback, 366 pages
Published August 14th 2012 by Entangled Teen
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…





 Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

37 comments:

  1. I ADORED this book! Love the cookie scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL "Oh holy alien babies everywhere..." - hilarious quote. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen so many ppl talk about this series. I need to read it soon!! thanks for stopping by my blog today :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your teaser. Aliens are so cool. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic teaser!!! I could just eat Daemon up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the trailer too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! ^^ Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. LOL, hilarious :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/12/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome teaser!

    http://thegreatbookchallenge.blogspot.ca/2012/12/teaser-tuesday-casual-vacancystill.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this one around so much, I do not think it can be ignored any longer. It is on my TBR now. Great teaser!

    My TT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally read it soon!

      Delete
  10. Cute and fun teaser today.

    Thanks for the visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i haven't heard anything about this one! nice tease!
    Trish - My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can that be! :o You should read it soon.

      Delete
  12. Awesome teaser! That is seriously one of my absolute fave scenes from the book! :)

    My Teasers

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  13. you should finish this one and on to Opal! :P Thanks for visiting My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's a fantastic teaser. I haven't started this series yet, but have obsidian to read next week. Please come by and check out My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. GAH!!!! I lurve me some Daemon Black! I've really got to get on the ball and read Onyx...sigh. Thanks for the awesome teaser and for stopping by my teaser earlier!

    Wendy @ Wendy's Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muhahaha! Agreed. Daemon is some hot stuff!

      Delete
  16. I LOVED this book and I remember that teaser very well one of my favourite scenes :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Gosh... I just finished Obsidian.. Tomorrow I'm onto Onyx and that teaser of yours just whet my appetite for more Daemon Black.. Yay!!! Loved it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Enjoy Onyx. I'm sure am enjoying it. ^^

      Delete
  18. I loved that scene! Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...
    I can't wait for Opal! It just came out but I have to hold myself back from starting it until I finish a few other books.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥