Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: All Time Favorite Books in Historical Fiction

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish that features a new topic each week where we have to put down our top ten of it.
--




This week's topic:
Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in Historical Fiction


~In no particular order~




House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty
This book was the first I read in 2014 and it was great. I've always been interested in the legend of Elizabeth Bathory and this book had it all; action, suspense, gruesomeness. I loved it.

The Emperor's Conspiracy by Michelle Diener
Prepare for a while lot of Michelle Diener books in this list. She's my favorite historical fiction author. TEC is one of my top favorite of hers.


Daughter of the Sky by Michelle Diener
And this is my all-time favorite (so far) book by Michelle Diener. It was freaking amazing!

Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey
This book is really cute and my favorite story with ghosts. Read it!


In a Treacherous Court by Michelle Diener
Another one of my top favorite books by this author. It's set in the Tudor era and is just very special to me because of its female main character.

Knight of my Dreams by Lynsay Sands
A recent read of mine and I was so surprised by how much I loved it!


The Orange Trees of Versailles by Annie Pietri
Such a lovely story and a childhood favorite of mine.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Who doesn't love books set in the late 1800's? <3


Banquet of Lies by Michelle Diener
What else can I say about Michelle's books? This one was as awesome as the others.

Airman by Eoin Colfer
I'm currently re-reading this book and it's just perfection! Such an amazing book set in the past. And might I add there's a character in Airman who was also in Eoin's newest book, The Reluctant Assassin. =D








What's your top ten?
Leave me links to your posts!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, I actually haven't read any of these. I don't pick up many historical fiction books if I am honest but I am not sure why. Nice list and thanks for stopping by my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often think that I don't enjoy historical fiction, but every time I read a new HFIC book, I love it. My current favorite is In The Shadow of the Blackbirds by Cat Winters. You should check it out if you haven't already. It's similar to Haunting Violet. Thanks for sharing! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1Uy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, either, but they sound fantastic. Most of the historical fiction I've read is WWII/Holocaust related, but I need to branch out... I get bored. :)

    Great list!

    New Bloglovin'/GFC follower.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have House of Bathory on my Kindle! I need to read it! I heard from several people, who read it in a buddy read, say it was good. Creepy, can't put the book down, kind of good!.
    Two of my favorite Historical Fictions are The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker and The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman. Both are also in the Fantasy genre too.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥