Thursday, March 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday #22: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Throwback Thursday is a bookish meme hosted every two weeks by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!
--





City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare
Published March 27th 2007 by Margaret K. McElderry Books 


When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know... 

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.




I chose City of Bones for TT because I watched the movie for the first time this week and it just brought all the feelings back of when I read the book. And yes, I loved the movie. It's also making me want to re-read the series. I just really love this world that Cassie created. It only makes me sad that the last book in this series is coming out in May already! *sobs*
--




Quote:
"Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath?" asked Jace.
"It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath."
"As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome," said Simon.
"I knew we should have left you a rat."
Because I totally ship Jace and Simon! 
What do you think? Jimon? Sace? ;)
--





Question of this week:

Activity! Go to your bookshelf, pick the 4th book from right, go to page 146, 
line 5 and write down the line.



This is no joke. The 4th book from right is totally Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer. Talk about a happy coincidence! =D

Page 146, line 5:


"Don't bother," said Loafers. "Your mike is on. I heard the whole thing, Mo. Or should I say Mulch, the fairy dwarf?"


I can't remember what exactly is going on in here but of course it figures that Mulch is involved. :')





--
Next Question (April 3):

Who is your favorite female villain?
--





If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. 










4 comments:

  1. Awesomeness! I am planning on reading the rest of the series soon :) I loved the book and the movie too <3

    I wanted to add my Linky, but it is not showing up on the post? Here is my Throwback Thursday post if you want to check it out!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is so awesome that I read it in danish and liked it. That's how good it is ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥