Monday, March 31, 2014

Best of the Bunch ~ March 2014

Best of the Bunch is a monthly meme hosted by Always Lost in Stories on the last day of every month. The aim of this meme is to share the best book that we have read in that month and give it our Best of the Bunch award.
--



Books read in March:


Pan's Conquest by Aubrie Dionne ~ 2 Stars ~ My Review
The Artemis Fowl Files by Eoin Colfer ~ 5 Stars 


Knight of My Dreams by Lynsay Sands ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Running in the Dark by Inger Iversen ~ 3 Stars ~ My Review


Hexed by Michelle Krys ~ 3 Stars ~ My Review
Destroyed by Pepper Winters ~ 4 Stars ~ My Review


An Abundance of Katherines by John Green ~ 4 Stars
Airman by Eoin Colfer ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review


Every Day by David Levithan ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Six Earlier Days by David Levithan ~ 4 Stars 


Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi ~ 5 Stars ~ My Review
Poisoned Apples by Christine Heppermann ~ 3 Stars ~ My Review


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor ~ 4 Stars






And the Best of the Bunch winner of March 2014 is...


Airman by Eoin Colfer
Paperback414 pages
Published February 1st 2010 by Puffin Bks
Conor Broekhart was born to fly.
It is the 1890s, and Conor and his family live on the sovereign Saltee Islands, off the Irish coast. Conor spends his days studying the science of flight with his tutor and exploring the castle with the king's daughter, Princess Isabella. But the boy's idyllic life changes forever the day he discovers a deadly conspiracy against the king. When Conor intervenes, he is branded a traitor and thrown into jail on the prison island of Little Saltee. There, he has to fight for his life, as he and the other prisoners are forced to mine for diamonds in inhumane conditions.
There is only one way to escape Little Saltee, and that is to fly. So Conor passes the solitary months by scratching drawings of flying machines into the prison walls. The months turn into years, but eventually the day comes when Conor must find the courage to trust his revolutionary designs and take to the skies.



Yeah. How could I not pick Airman? In my opinion it's Colfer's best work. The story, writing and overall amazingness is simply brilliant!


Honorable mentions go to:

The Artemis Fowl Files by Eoin Colfer
It's Colfer. Duh.

Destroyed by Pepper Winters
It was dark and twisted. Just the way I like my books.

Every Day by David Levithan
My second favorite book of the month March. I loved it.




What was the best book you read this month?
Let me know!


3 comments:

  1. A lot of great looking titles there! I love the Veronica Rossi series, and Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one of my favourite ever books.
    Destroyed looks pretty cool as well.
    Great month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of Airman, but the cover alone makes me want to pick it up! Looks like you had lots of great books this month!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's an amazing selection of books. I've hear a lot about Davi Levithan, but I've never read anything from him. I've been meaning to read an Abudance of Catherines, because so far, I've loved every John Green's book I've read. I hadn't hear of the Airman, but definitely sounds like something I would read, pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥