Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Set Outside The US

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish




 Ten Books Set Outside The US



Daughter of the Sky by Michelle Diener - South Africa
Loveweaver by Tracy Ann Miller - Denmark/England


Finding Gabriel by Rachel L. Demeter - France
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning - Ireland


The Kissing Season by Rachael Johns - Australia
The Princess of Egypt Must Die by Stephanie Dray - Egypt


Da Vinci's Tiger by L.M. Elliott - Italy
The House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty - Slovakia


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - Scotland
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson - Neverland



It's true that most books I read are set in the US. I don't mind that exactly but I do wish more books would be set outside of it. Luckily there are some great books that I read (like the ones featured on this post) that are set outside of the US. 
And Neverland totally counts too, right? :P 



What books set outside of the US do you like? Or what place would you like a book to be set in? 




12 comments:

  1. I only read 2 of the books on this list, I like this post!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to buy The House of Bathory. I love tales about the Blood Countess and one, although it's different, made my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Tiger Lily! The House of Bathory sounds really interesting, I have kind of a fascination with the legend of Elizabeth Bathory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I loved Outlander! I've got Darkfever, Tiger Lily, and DaVinci's Tiger all on my TBR. Great list! Thanks for visiting my TTT! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiger Lily is a great book!I too have a Bathory book on my list.
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2016/07/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-that-take.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have one set in Egypt! (I'm assuming that's where it's set). I'm curious to read it now! Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not the only one who included an imaginary place! Neverland totally counts:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Love the inclusion of the Fever series and Outlander!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list because it's really different! I haven't read any of these, but I own three of them :(

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥