Thursday, February 26, 2015

Review: Cupid by Jade Eby & Kenya Wright

Title: Cupid: A Dark Erotic Romance
Authors: Jade Eby and Kenya Wright
Publication: 
February 11th 2015 by Empty Pavements Press
Pages: 263
Genre: Adult ~ Erotica ~ Dark Romance
Purchase: Amazon | Kobo
Rating: 4/5

 

The papers call him Cupid.

The masked man who’s murdered five.

His specialty is in broken love and he shows no signs of stopping what he does best: killing.

Diana Carson is determined to find out who Cupid really is with the financial backing from millionaire, Asher Bishop.

Together, they’ll embark on a journey to find Cupid, but can they do it before they destroy each other? And is the hunt worth the kill?



Cupid was a good read. A really really good read. I flew through it in no time. And I'm still a little reeling from the way it ended. My god, it was intense and I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next. 

This story features the beautiful and intelligent Diana Carson. After the murders of her cheating husband and other rich men, Diana starts to investigate the homicides. With help from the seductive millionaire Asher Bishop she hopes to find the killer she nicknamed Cupid. But she soon finds out there's more to Asher than meets the eye.

The story really walked the fine line of disturbing and alluring. Sometimes it was even quite creepy. Even now I can't quite decide if I'm so fascinated by Asher because he was so ominous or because he was so enticing. It was probably a bit of both. There were a lot of times where I was thinking how crazy Asher seemed but then the next moment I'd be swooning for him.

I haven't entirely made up my mind about Diana. I mean, I like her. She's very smart, witty and pretty great to read about but I couldn't quite get a grasp on her yet. I hope to find out more about her in the next part. 

Jade Eby and Kenya Wright are both new authors to me but I have to say I was really impressed by this book. The writing was amazing and really drew me in. Especially the "Cupid" points of view were interesting to read for me. 

So would I recommend this book? Hell to the yes! It's a pretty dark story and I'm not sure if Cupid can be a redeemablecharacter but I'll absolutely keep following this story. The next book is so very much needed! 






About Jade Eby:

Once upon a time there was a little girl who fell in love with books then she grew up to write her own.

Jade has participated in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) seven times and enjoys copious amounts of coffee. When she's not writing, she enjoys trashy reality T.V. and reading everything she can get her hands on.

Mommy to two dogs and two naughty kitties, she feels like she might be on her way to having a zoo. You can find her on almost every social networking site that aids in her procrastination.


About Kenya Wright

Kenya Wright has published books in fantasy, cyber punk, and romance. She currently resides in Miami with her amazing children and three cool black cats that refuse to stop sleeping on her head at night.







1 comment:

Share your thoughts! ♥