Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading.




My teaser:
Aiden shifted slightly and his thumb caressed the curve of my cheek.
"I'm afraid of something."
"What?" I whispered.
He drew in a deep, shuddering breath. "I'm afraid of never being allowed to feel what I do."


-page 64, paperback


~Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Paperback, 330 pages
Published November 6th 2012 by Spencer Hill Press
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...






Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


4 comments:

  1. I loved the book! I can't wait for your review when you finish it! Nice teaser, btw.

    Check out my TT at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG!! I want to jump into Deity N.O.W. o.O Eeeek, I wish I could start it today but I can't...hopefully soon!

    BRILLIANT teaser Stephanie! Thanks for sharing & offering some yummy temptation :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I so need to get going on this series. *sigh* Makes me wonder why not able to feel what they feel. :) Thank you!

    If you'd like to stop by I have a teaser up, it's a bit Sci-fi this week:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-157.html

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥