Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Worship by Alice Winn


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read.
___





Worship by Alice Winn

Expected publication: February 23, 2027 by Knopf


A dazzlingly inventive new novel from the bestselling author of In Memoriam: Arthurian legend cracked open.

Princess Isode is happy with life in medieval Ireland. Her hair is as shiny as thread of pure gold, every knight she heals with her medicinal powers falls madly in love with her, and she will become a great queen once she marries Sir Palomides, the second-best knight in all the world--the moment he converts to Christianity. Her plans, however, are shattered when a mysterious newcomer defeats her beloved in a tournament.

Handsome, unfriendly Sir Tristram is fast becoming the strongest knight--yet has no interest in marrying Isode. He wants only to win approval--worship--from his idol, Palomides, and a seat at the Round Table. Palomides is too preoccupied with whatever is going on with him and God. Meanwhile, civil war is brewing in Camelot. As Princess Isode tries to regain control of her once glittering future, she and Tristram set out on a perilous voyage, and begin to see each other in a new light.

Worship is the stuff of legend, a wickedly funny, endlessly surprising novel about hope in the face of uncertainty--how far we might go, and what we're willing to lose, for the ones we love.



I love me some Arthurian tales so this just sounds really good to me. Also, I adore this cover!

UK cover:





What book are you awaiting today?





3 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one - to the extent that I'm going to go looking for it! Thank you for sharing:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that cover too. I hope you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥