Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Covers vs. Movie/Tv Show Tie-In Covers

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
___




This Week's Topic:
Book Covers vs. movie/Tv Show tie-in covers



Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer


The Deal by Elle Kennedy


The Host by Stephenie Meyer


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


The Duke and I by Julia Quinn



Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


Heartstopper volume 1 by Alice Oseman





Have you read any of these books or seen any of these movies/tv shows?













15 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with either cover for Artemis Fowl. I loved the early books in the series, the last couple just felt forced. Sadly, I finished Heartstopper volume 6 yesterday.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/favorite-covers-for-the-murder-of-roger-ackroyd/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of the Artemis Fowl series but agree that the first few are the best for sure. As for Heartstopper, I'm a bit behind but plan on catching up soon!

      Delete
  2. I have read and seen The Hunger Games and Pride and Prejudice. I have a love/hate relationship with movie covers. If it is just the actors playing the main characters, its so boring to me but I appreciate it when it tries to be as close to the original as possible.

    My Post:
    https://thegentlechapter.blog/2026/08/04/top-ten-tuesday-cover-freebie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Movie and tv show covers are not always the greatest. I've only gotten the Artemis Fowl one because I'm a big fan of the series (the movie wasn't good though). I do love The Hunger Games one!

      Delete
  3. I’ve seen them all. The 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice is my all time favourite romance movie.
    Thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the 2005 version so much! Always hits so good!

      Delete
  4. What a fun idea! My favorite is probably Project Hail Mary, I live both covers😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that the movie cover has the same font as the book title!

      Delete
  5. Seeing the movie covers for books is interesting.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I normally prefer the original covers, but the Heartstopper film poster designer did a fabulous job there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Topic. Here is my post https://paigesofnovels.wordpress.com/2026/08/04/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-from-ten-favorite-authors/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love so many of these! I usually prefer the regular book cover, but the movie tie-in version for The Hunger Games is still very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun topic choice! I love Heartstoppers and how they made it such an exact copy! Also Hunger Games is the only one where the adaptation cover is better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know a lot of people hate movie tie-in covers, but I don't necessarily. It depends, of course. I've read and watched PROJECT HAIL MARY (loved both), P&P (loved both), and HUNGER GAMES (loved the book, not the movie). Great idea for a post!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read and seen 8 of them Stephanie but honestly post of the time it's the original cover that wins for me!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥