Monday, October 7, 2019

My Top 5 Favorite Podcasts

This isn't necessarily a bookish topic but this year I've gotten really into podcasts so I wanted to share with you all my top 5. This was really hard to decide because I have so many favorites but I didn't want this post to be too long so I decided to pick five but I might do a part two at some point. They're arranged in no particular order.
--


Ancient History Fangirl

This podcast is hosted by Jenny Williamson and Genn McMenemy and is about ancient history (obviously). They mostly cover the Greco-Roman history but sometimes they branch out. It's one of the most funny and engaging podcasts that I have come across and it being a ancient history podcast I love it so much.

Favorite episodes: Amazons: Warrior Women of Greek Mythology (+ trilogy about Amazons), Julius Caesar and the Pirates’ Ransom (+ series about Caesar), Stuff Alaric Said

You can find Ancient History Fangirl on all podcast platforms.


Let's Talk About Myths, Baby!

This podcast is hosted by Liv and she is freaking hilarious. It's a Greek and Roman mythology podcast (though mostly Greek). I was sad to be all caught up on it because I always have such a great time listening to it but that makes it all the more fun when I new episode airs. Love it so much!


You can find Let's Talk About Myths, Baby! on all podcast platforms.


Fuckbois of Literature Podcast

This podcast is hosted by Emily Edwards (where she talks to guests) and is more related to literature, as you can probably tell. This is a really funny and relevant topic because there are SO MANY fuckbois in literature. I haven't listened to all episodes yet because I only recently started the podcast but what I've heard so far I've been loooving!


You can find Fuckbois of Literature Podcast on all podcast platforms.


Mile Higher Podcast

This podcast is hosted by Kendall Rae and her husband Josh Thomas. Kendall is also one of my favorite YouTubers. They have a different topic each week, from true crime to aliens to various mysteries and woke subjects. I usally watch their podcast on YouTube instead of listening on my phone because they're both so fun to watch and sometimes their cute pets appear. Very high recommended podcast! (My fave actually).


You can find Mile Higher Podcast on all podcast platforms.


Greek Mythology Retold

This podcast is hosted by Janell Rhiannon. She is also the author of the Homeric Chronicles Series, which are favorite books of mine. This is a podcast on Greek Mythology and the Homeric Chronicles. You can also find Janell and the episodes on YouTube. I think this podcast is super interesting and female centered. Definitely check it out!


You can find Greek Mythology Retold on all podcast platforms.

---


If you also listen to podcasts: what are your favorites? 


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this list, Stephanie! I never seem to have time for podcasts, but I'm really interested in checking out Mile Higher Podcast😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever listened to a podcast, but I need to change that. There are some really good one out there. This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool topic! And OMG, I cracked up at the titles for Let's Talk About myths, baby! I've recently started getting into true crime podcasts, so I'm always eager to learn more about the podcasting world !

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sings the title like the song in every episode! xD I love true crime! I listen to a few TC podcast so they may appear in part 2. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got recommendations for days if you ever need more. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trick is to listen when you're doing things. For example I listen when I go walking with my dog, or when I have to take public transportation or when I'm doing house chores. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I would love to get into podcasts. What app or forum do you use??
    Great post. thanks for sharing <3

    Chanzie @ Free To Be Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been so long since I have listened to a podcast. I have seen some on Spotify, but I don't know if they are bookish. I might have to check some of these out as well. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all new to me, my podcasts are usually romance books or serial killer, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥