Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Dreamland by Nancy Bilyeau

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read.
--


Dreamland by Nancy Bilyeau
Expected publication: January 16th 2020 by Endeavour Quill
Genre: Historical Fiction , Mystery & Thrillers

The year is 1911 when twenty-year-old heiress Peggy Batternberg is invited to spend the summer in America’s Playground.

The invitation to the luxurious Oriental Hotel a mile from Coney Island is unwelcome. Despite hailing from one of America’s richest families, Peggy would much rather spend the summer working at the Moonrise Bookstore than keeping up appearances with New York City socialites and her snobbish, controlling family.

But soon it transpires that the hedonism of nearby Coney Island affords Peggy the freedom she has been yearning for, and it’s not long before she finds herself in love with a troubled pier-side artist of humble means, whom the Batternberg patriarchs would surely disapprove of.

Disapprove they may, but hidden behind their pomposity lurks a web of deceit, betrayal and deadly secrets. And as bodies begin to mount up amidst the sweltering clamour of Coney Island, it seems the powerful Batternbergs can get away with anything…even murder.

Extravagant, intoxicating and thumping with suspense, bestselling Nancy Bilyeau’s magnificent Dreamland is a story of corruption, class and dangerous obsession.


I highly enjoyed Nancy Bilyeau's previous book The Blue (click here to read my review of it) so of course I'm immensely looking forward to reading her new upcoming novel, Dreamland. The setting alone is giving me heart eyes and I'm just in love with the cover. I really can't wait to read it! I wished for it on NetGalley so hopefully the publisher will grant my wish. *Fingers Crossed* 😍



11 comments:

  1. Oooh! This looks like a cute read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked the previous book and read your review, you know how to grab my attention, hehe I noted both instalments down and I'm keeping my fingers well crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a very cool read, very intriguing! I'll definitely keep an eye out for this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds so atmospheric! Great choice, and I hope you get your wish😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get a chance to read it soon. It sounds great!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb(Boxermommyreads)October 9, 2019 at 6:31 PM

    This sounds pretty entertaining but come on, who wouldn't rather work in a bookstore? Hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so fantastic! I love a character that prefers books. I am going to take a look on NG for this one, too. Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything set in NYC! And that cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh I hope you get it on Netgalley <3 I love it when you find an author and they just go on your auto I love you/want list!

    Chanzie @ Free To Be Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover is truly gorgeous! The synopsis isn't too telling so I will wait for your review of this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover is stunning! I hope to publisher granted your wish! That actually has never happened to me though.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥