Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Darkness at the Edge of Town by Jennifer Harlow

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting On Wednesday hosted at Breaking the Spine.



Darkness at the Edge of Town by Jennifer Harlow
Expected publication: November 14th 2017 by Alibi

A complicated, charismatic forensic psychologist tries to rescue her brother from the clutches of a maniacal cult leader in this edge-of-your-seat psychological thriller from the author of Beautiful Maids All in a Row.

After catching an infamous serial killer, Dr. Iris Ballard has become a TV sensation. Exhausted from her appearances on the talk-show circuit, she’s looking forward to some quality time with Luke Hudson, her former FBI partner and on-again, off-again lover. The last thing Iris wants is to get pulled back to her dying Rust Belt hometown, but after the frantic call from her mother, she doesn’t have a choice.

Iris is a disgrace in Grey Mills, Pennsylvania, but her twin brother has gone and outdone her. Billy has abandoned his fiancée, drained their checking account, and quit his job to join a cult called the New Morning Movement. Expecting to find something sinister at play, Iris is eager to destroy the quixotic hold they have on her brother. And that means outwitting the cult’s cunning, sadistic founder, Mathias Morning.

Iris has logic and reason on her side. But Mathias doesn’t play by society’s rules. Just as Iris begins to lose hope, her investigation leads her to cross path with the DEA. And now she needs to save Billy’s life before they’re both caught in the crossfire.

Don’t miss Jennifer Harlow’s first electrifying Iris Ballard thriller:
BEAUTIFUL MAIDS ALL IN A ROW


Darkness at the Edge of Town is the second book in the Iris Ballard thriller series. (Read my review of the first book, Beautiful Maids All in a Row here)
I loved the first book so I'm really looking forward to this second one. I can't wait to see what this book has in store for Iris. I'm sure it'll be thrilling!


10 comments:

  1. I haven't read the previous book in this series, but I really hope you enjoy this one!

    CWW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this sounds fascinating... I hope you get a chance to read this one. I will be adding this one now.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's Can’t-Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you wind up loving this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series before but I hope you love it when you get to read this one!

    Happy Reading,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried this series yet, but I want to. It sounds really intriguing. I can't resist a good series. :-) Thank you for sharing, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is new to me! A sequel? Hopefully you love it as much as you enjoyed the first book. Happy reading, Stephanie!

    Have a fantastic day. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm....I was going to say that this wasn't my cup of tea at all, but then I read the whole synopsis. WOW!! I really like the whole psychological, cult angle! So now I'm intrigued! Thanks!!

    Thanks as well for commenting on my CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't head of this series but it sounds like you enjoyed it. I hope this one is everything you expect and more :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥