Thursday, August 1, 2013

Throwback Thursday #1

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!




So this is my very first throwback thursday post and I'm quite excited about this meme. We know a lot of other people do also throwback thursday posts but most aren't only about books so we figured we could do one too. Anyway... the book I'm featuring today is very close to my heart. I loved it when I was younger (I was 14 when I first read it) and it has grown to be one of my favorite series.


~Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl #1) by Eoin Colfer
Hardcover, 280 pages
Published May 1st 2001 by Talk Miramax Books/Hyperion Books 


Twelve-year-old Artemis Fowl is a millionaire, a genius—and, above all, a criminal mastermind. But even Artemis doesn't know what he's taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit. These aren't the fairies of bedtime stories—they're dangerous! Full of unexpected twists and turns, Artemis Fowl is a riveting, magical adventure.



There are no words invented yet for how much I adore this book and really the whole series ànd Eoin Colfer. This book was the first book series I read and got me into reading again when I was 14. So yes, it means a lot to me and I have lost count how many times I have read all the books.
I would recommend this book above anything else and trust me, you're going to see more Eoin Colfer books in Throwback Thursday. :D



Quote from the book:
“If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm crazy. That's the way history is written.”
Okay, one more quote... I can't help myself! :D

“Trust me. I'm a genius.”




Question of this week:



What is your favorite drink while reading?

Personally I don't really drink while I read because I get too caught up in whatever book I'm reading. But every now and then I like to drink tea while I read. 

How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--


If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book  you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)






15 comments:

  1. Why am I just now hearing about this, Hosty? :O

    I love that you picked Artemis Fowl! I try not to drink anything because I'm a bit of a klutz and I don't want to spill anything on my book or Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! xD

      Of course I picked Artemis. Would I pick any other? NO! Aw, Jenn. xD

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was that or The Orange Trees of Versailles. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read Artemis Fowl *hides*, but I've heard great things. I'll have to pick up the first book sometime. I know my library carries the series.
    I really don't have a favorite drink while reading either. I read all the time, so whatever I happen to be drinking, I guess. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you better hide! lol. :D No seriously, read it sometime and be amazed!

      Delete
  5. Love the quotes you picked and I like to drink vanilla coffee. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tea, hot chocolate, water or just nothing :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to drink coffee while reading, it helps when you read past your bedtime. Viviana O.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starbucks iced mochas. They are my favorite drinks, so I often find myself with one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the Artemis Fowl books (or Harry Potter either)! I guess I felt I was too old for them when they came out. Someday I'm going to brew a big mug of tea and start these series!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥