Saturday, June 2, 2018

Review: The Nosferatu Chronicles: Return to Vambiri by Susan Hamilton

Title: The Nosferatu Chronicles: Return to Vambiri
Author: Susan Hamilton
Series: The Nosferatu Chronicles #3
Publication: June 1st 2018

Genre: Science Fiction
Purchase Link: Amazon 

Rating: 4/5
 

In the controversial conclusion to the alien trilogy, Kevak and the Newlunders return to their home planet and are elated to find survivors of the cosmic disaster that devastated Vambiri. But not all is as it seems: the survivors are hiding a secret linked to Earth that will shake the foundation of Kevak's faith.


I'm going to jump right into this review and say that once I reached the first 40% of the book I almost couldn't put it down again. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. It's definitely my favorite one out of all three and as a conclusion to the trilogy it was suspensful and had a really great ending, which isn't something I can easily say with most books. I loved it!

My favorite part in this book was the flashbacks to biblical times. I'm not a religious person but I've always felt intrigued by stories from the bible and as someone who adores both history and science fiction I just couldn't help but love the way the author gave it all an unconventional but unique spin. 

Susan Hamilton created a very complex world and story in these books that you'll definitely need all your attention for but the way she flawlessly connected history and science together was really well done and the writing was equally good. I also gotta say I really connected with pretty much all characters, even the vilains. I just love it when a story has great villains. 

If you love science fiction, a different take on the vampire genre, alternate history and aliens, The Nosferatu Chronicles is definitely a trilogy that you must read. I highly enjoyed all three books, especially this final one so I'd really recommend everyone to read them!


Follow Susan Hamilton on:
Twitter



4 comments:

  1. Vampires. History and aliens is a combination I never thought I'd see in a book like this -- what an utterly amazing combo -- and I don't know this series, so a new one for me to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Villains are the best! Just for that alone I want to read the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! That cover is so terrifying! I am not sure if this one is for me, but the fact that you had a hard time putting it down is intriguing me. I am glad that you loved it so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥